My 75G FOWLR build thread. (woot)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
update: tank pretty much cleared up! :D (used fine filter floss and my DIY canister. Did a great job IMO!)

Now I have to wait a few weeks to get rock.. hopefuly soon..

Who cares. Pics are what make a thread awesome. You don't want an unawesome thread do you? Btw now tht your sw ull b dealin with this stuff like every day.

Eh nevermind.. I think I have swine flu or something I'm feelin rather un-good..

Picture comes tomorrow unless i start feeling better. D;

So. What are you trying to say. I can strae at a empty tank and be entertained just as much as a full tank with fish.

well, for the purposes of adding pictures to a thread, nothing has changed other than the water is now (somewhat) clearer. I need to wipe down the glass and overflow, got some dust on those.

Update: I got A rock.. heh that's pitiful aint it?

Well, once I finish a paper for school I'll put up a picture of three.

The sand left a film on pretty much.. everything. lol I should have washed it. (oh well)

img_1029508_0_b946888d29fb108f8b1161cc0d71a724.jpg

It's pretty much cleared. A little hazy but I'll fix my canister filter and get that to clean it up over night.

img_1029508_1_651d6982a1cf016a1de595674f8b2bbc.jpg

A single lonely rock..

img_1029508_2_c5db0162bdc9262d2a9e72675817efb3.jpg

Salinity is a little low. I want it to stay pretty much in the middle. I can't believe the slightest drops of water leave behind so much salt crust! D;

I hope to at least get base rock this weekend.. but I have a feeling the parents will be not approving LOL.

I have at least one rock. Maybe I can just put a tomato clown in there and call it done. XDD

rofl, lets hope you get some base rock. The parental units don't always agree. Next thing you knoe, They might tell you to just put a goldfish in there its a 99c version of a clownfish. Would you be able to cycle with just live rock? like at least start on it?

Yea, I think the dieing stuff from the "live" rock will be able to do the cycle, ill probably add a cocktail shrimp in too just for good measure.

My BEST case scenario is getting maybe 30lbs of base rock and 10lbs of live rock, but at the LFS that's about 150 bucks lol

Back
Top Bottom