My 75G FOWLR build thread. (woot)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PP5...nice arrangement of your rocks. I like it. Losts of flow through configurations makes for good water flow and hiding places for your more timid fish....Nice.

That was a great discription you gave,Keith..."Plug and Play". That is why I prefer the shrimp over the pure Ammonia. Also I think that an organic compound like a shrimp will have more variaty of bacteria attracked to it, thus giving your AQ a more rounded bacteria biuldup.

Last edited:
That was a great discription you gave,Keith..."Plug and Play". That is why I prefer the shrimp or the pure Ammonia. Also I think that an organic compound like a shrimp will have more variaty of bacteria attracked to it, thus giving your AQ a more rounded bacteria biuldup.
I like Ron Popeil better than Bill Gates but either description works.;)

It looks like I got virtually no "intresting" life on the rocks I paied for. (I'd expect SOMETHING for 70 bucks!! >_<) oh well... Just got to get a test kit and shrimp and get it started.

pp5, I bet you got some...give it a few days and check it at night.;)

pp5, I bet you got some...give it a few days and check it at night.;)

All I got is this pink or grey moldy looking stuff that's slowly growing on the rocks. I'm guessing it's fine. I have looked in there with a flashlight and theres absolutely nothing. :( I feel ripped off! I wanted at least one cool little thing to come out of it xD.

Give that pink or grey stuff another week and see if it don't look like it came out of the deepest ocean as it bubbles out of your tank.hahahaha

oh boy, just wait for couple days, even months, you will start discovering tons of differnt things while u open your big eyes in front of the tank for couple hours a day. hahaha
should have some tiny duster or whatever worm they are, they need more time to adjust to new aquarium IME, I didn't discover mine after couple weeks, and now they r everywhere OoO

Give that pink or grey stuff another week and see if it don't look like it came out of the deepest ocean as it bubbles out of your tank.hahahaha

Is it bad? O_O

I'm still trying to figure out the effectiveness of "Live" rock, if its shipped from the ocean and out of the water for longer than a few minutes, doesn't most of the stuff that's "good" die off? I would think it would be better to just get dead base rock and let it become live.

Yes it it still good. give it a little while. you may not get a crab or a brittle star but you will get a feather duster or two and the corline. Just be patient.

Nice looking aquascape!!!

Normally the things that die off rapidly aren't good in our tanks anyway.

The water is now super clear! I keep thinking I see stuff move when I turn on the light but I think its all in my head. lol

I'll put up pictures of what it looks like all cleared up and nice.

hahaha~ I bet there will be 1 or 2 crabs in those rocks OoO
you should get a red light and check your tank out at night.
I see so many crazy tiny stuff swimming around at night~~O~O

hahaha~ I bet there will be 1 or 2 crabs in those rocks OoO
you should get a red light and check your tank out at night.
I see so many crazy tiny stuff swimming around at night~~O~O

I still have hope but I think the rocks are only full of algae and bacteria lol. I've been busy changing the water in my other tanks so pics will come when I get a chance xD.

Ok sorry for the super long delay, school's getting busy so not a ton of time for tank stuff. After I finish my homework I'll put up some pics of the tank all nice and cleared up.

Back
Top Bottom