My pretty new coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

a_b1301

Aquarium Advice Regular
After my experience with ich I was feeling a little down so I headed out to a new LFS which has been reccommended to me and I will continue to use. I got some great advice which supported your lots views on the reasons for my fish deaths.
Anyways, I came out smiling with a new Toadstool Coral and wanted to add a few pics.
Some days it opens out fully, some times just a bit and it seems to rotate its "head" around depending on its mood. It's funny to watch. I defintly need a name for it too, any ideas?
I was also wondering, it is growing "baby" corals at its base, can I cut these off and stick them to another rock and if so how?
Thanks
DSCF8692.jpg
DSCF8693.jpg
DSCF8694.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF8692.jpg
    DSCF8692.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCF8693.jpg
    DSCF8693.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCF8694.jpg
    DSCF8694.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 97
lol...i like Bandit...especially since I was sold the shirmp as a cleaner?? or am I being dumb and they are the same thing?

Nice leather. The usually drop the babies off from the "crown". You will see it sort of split and then drop off.
That's a Scarlet Skunk Cleaner shrimp. I never heard of a "bandit" shrimp.

That's a nice looking toadstool you got there. +1 for the skunk cleaner shrimp, they are the only shrimp I've seen that don't hide 24/7 and that have some personality to them. I like watching mine mess around almost as much as watching my fish lol.

there is a baby one...i s'pose like a tree would sprout a new shrub from the base sort of growing out of the other side of the LR that its on. could i cut this off and stick it somewhere else do that i dont have two toadstools in one place? if so is it just a case of cut and stick??

You can also cut the crown (cut a circle all around), cut the cutting into several pieces and attach it to LR rubble or a piece of LR. They will grow into new leathers. I now have 5 in my tank and the original is back to about 10" high and 6" across. It's coming out soon for a cutting or trade to the lfs.

Nice leather. The usually drop the babies off from the "crown". You will see it sort of split and then drop off.
That's a Scarlet Skunk Cleaner shrimp. I never heard of a "bandit" shrimp.
I mean Banded sorry i was wrong and yes they look different but that Scarlet Skunk Cleaner is nice

Back
Top Bottom