Nassarius snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loganj

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone know the incubation period for nassarius snail eggs? Mine have laid eggs all over the glass in my 20 high. I haven't been cleaning the glass because I didn't want to damage the eggs...now it looks awful! These are little clear bubbles about 1/8" across and each one looks to contain about 20 eggs. There must be 50 of these on the glass! I wonder when the darn things are going to hatch?

Hmmm...not many nassarius snail breeders I guess :mrgreen: . I'll try to keep up with how long it takes and post it then. I may have a few I need to get rid of if they all live.

I don't know the length. Truth is, I have an explosion of cerith snails in my fuge, but I have no clue how long it takes them, either. I only had like 10 ceriths to begin with, and now I have about 100 of them near the bottom of the glass about 2-4 mm big. But they lay eggs so often, its hard to determine how long they take to hatch, because I have no clue with batches they come from. Good luck on yours, though! :)

Here's a pic of the snail eggs on the glass. One batch has apparently hatched off as the egg bubble has a hole in it and the baby snails are gone...no idea if they'll live or not. Anyway, my guess is that incubation time is about a month...rough estimate.

I know that front glass looks awful :oops: , but I haven't really done anything much to it since the eggs showed up because I didn't want to damage them. My other snails (who are supposed to be taking care of this for me!) are getting lazy it seems...

Back
Top Bottom