Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-12-2006, 11:31 AM   #131
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Speakerman Send a message via AIM to Speakerman Send a message via MSN to Speakerman Send a message via Yahoo to Speakerman
hair algea

Old 10-12-2006, 04:09 PM   #132
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Nice looking!

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:29 PM   #133

Speakerman, what are you talking about. There is a tiny polyp in the shade that came off my other frag... "hair algae" I am working on it. I was talking about my first "runner polyp."
Old 10-12-2006, 04:47 PM   #134
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerman
hair algea
LOL! Duh! I don't know what I was thinking. Probably because it didn't have the little line under it!

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:39 PM   #135

Oh, I was confused. I didn't know why he said hair algae. I thought he was telling me that the polyp was ha. ha ha ha as in laughing now, not algae!!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:54 PM   #136
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Speakerman Send a message via AIM to Speakerman Send a message via MSN to Speakerman Send a message via Yahoo to Speakerman
heh heh...nope. lol...sorry Mike, not saying your polyp is algea lol....

They are beautiful btw...One of the nicer looking once imo.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:51 AM   #137

You know these are the brown polyps that I got for free and they turned out so nice. I usually do not like brown corals but these are a nice green under acintic and their shape is nice.

It was when I bought my muschroom coral. A little polyp got kicked up from under the sand. It was 2 polyps all closed up and I asked the LFS guy if I could have it. He asked why it is dead? I said hey, it may open up and you did not even know it was there? A month later it has over 6 polyps attached and the little runner!

The hair algae is getting much better and I believe it is because of my diligent PWC's and reduced feeding. AND, for any one who says that Emerald Crabs do not eat HA, well I have been watching 3 eat it for 5 days! They also pick at the little patch of bubble algae I still have but they are working on the hair more. And, I think they are cool little critters.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:16 AM   #138
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sweet man. The couple I have are spreading too now. I had a red one and a green one, now I have an extra red and an extra green. but they are small. I can't wait for them to take over, that what I'm setting this small tank up for is soft coral.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:13 AM   #139

corals

Speakerman,

Just a word from a newbie. Account for growing room when you are purchasing your first corals. I bought a bunch of corals and did not think they could possibly grow that fast but they all are.

Now, I am stuck with a bunch of expanding corals that I do not want to get rid of when they grow to big.

So it is either frag or upgrade....Oh well, I guess I will have to upgrade

Explanation: First 2 faces are girlfriend and Bank and the rest are LFS and online vendors..LOL
Old 10-13-2006, 03:49 AM   #140
Aquarium Advice FINatic

build a frag tank out of acrylic. get a halide for it. sell them.

Tags
30 gallon, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com