New

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cauterox04

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am really thinking of getting a reef tank ive had a freshwater tank for about 5 years now and i wanna go to salt water. Honestly i have no idea where to start. im looking of getting a tank from 75 gal to maybe 125g. could someone help me go in the right direction with filtration lights heater and just about everything.

Can you tell us more about what you want to do with it? The difference between a fish only system and a reef is pretty drastic, with a fish only being exactly like any other tank you've had or a reef needing some specific equipment to keep photosynthetic corals alive.
With that said, the solution is always dilution. The more water in the system the less issues you'll run into.

I am looking for it to be live coral and live rock with some fish in it. the things im confused on are how do i get a drilled tank without spending a ton of money and im super confused on a sump

I think he is confused about plumbing it into the tank. If you need help I would talk to your lfs for some more close up help with plumbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom