new 55 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well a little bummed the blenny did die I woke up to find him belly up I was hoping he would make it but I guess u can't win them all

Sorry about the loss. You are right. Things do happen, and we just gotta keep truckin'.

Yeah it sux anytime I loose anything it makes me start to think there is something wrong with my system

I'm in a battle with nitrates at the moment. No losses, but man...

After struggling with nitrates for many months and doing everything right I finally decided to take the bottled plunge and use Instant Ocean Natural Nitrate Reducer. It's suspended carbs, much like using the vodka method. Took my nitrates from 25 down to 2 in about 6-8 weeks now (not exactly sure on the time period).

Well... Thank you. I will take that into consideration. I have an open thread already started for this, so I will add this to the list of suggestions.

I gotta admit, I too have used the I/O nitrate reducer and believe it or not it actually works. lol I've only used it a few times but it can knock down those trates so you can get ahead of them with water changes. :)

OK I have a question I have some fuzzy looking strings that r all over my live rock I don't know what they r and u can't really see them in a picture I was just wondering if anyone knows what they are this is the best picture I could get

View attachment 64816
There is one sticking out off the side of the rock

Back
Top Bottom