new 55 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK got the refuge filled with water just letting it run on its own closed loop for now until all the levels balance out then to add livesand rock and macro ant then open it up to the whole system..... yeah almost ready

Just got a new led light for the refuge not the best light will will work for the refuge its the marineland Singal stage led found it at pets mart foe 45 bucks I will let everyone know how it works as I test it

Well the tank just got a shock took out my sump and Skimmer to clean out the inch thick detritus and do a water change and plum in my refuge but I think all will work out I will keep updates coming also finally added a filter sock to help stop detritus from building up

Also got a 32 gallon brute to mix up my own salt water now need a pump to keep the water mixing until I do water changes thinking a submerged pump with a hose so it will be quick to fill back up

I am wanting to do the same thing. I've got my brute in my storage room off my kitchen, so I've got about (12) feet to reach the tank. I'm not positive about what size pump to buy. It's gotta be better than my current method of hauling pitchers of water back and forth - use it to scoop out old and into sink, and then to scoop new and into tank.

I soak an entire bath towel every time.

Yeah all my stuff is right next to my tank so it wont be to hard to do.... On a good note everything made it though the night so that's a good thing

I am wanting to do the same thing. I've got my brute in my storage room off my kitchen, so I've got about (12) feet to reach the tank. I'm not positive about what size pump to buy. It's gotta be better than my current method of hauling pitchers of water back and forth - use it to scoop out old and into sink, and then to scoop new and into tank.

I soak an entire bath towel every time.

I also have about 12-15 feet to my tank from the trash can of water. lol I use a rio 1100 pump and it works like a charm. :)

Yeah I am hoping it will help keep my levels in check and I switched salts to coralife and now my tank is really cleared up plus I know the filter sock helped a lot as well

Back
Top Bottom