new 55 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, my LFS has been showing me the programming and everything for the radion, he's trying to get me to get one. LOL Looks very cool though and the programming doesnt look too bad either. :)

Yeah it looks pretty easy I also went and downloaded the software for it so I can learn it really good but I think it will be worth the money

Also I just ordered everything to do a recirculation mod on my asm g3 with a gate valve mod the Skimmer will now have 2 senda 3500 mixing air and water with a maxijet supplying the Skimmer will put pics up when everything comes in and I start building

I'm no expert and never owned that brand, but that return seems awfully high. And what's up with the light? Are you trying to grow macro in the skimmer?

KAhner said:
I'm no expert and never owned that brand, but that return seems awfully high. And what's up with the light? Are you trying to grow macro in the skimmer?

Hahaha the light was so I could see just did not move it and I just did it how I read it didn't give me how tall so idk

Lol. Yea I was jk about the light. But yea I'm pretty sure that return is too high. I'm assuming you have your gate valve is wide open right now. If you cut it down then you'll be able to use the valve to adjust the water level in the skimmer body.

Yeah I have been looking at it but idk if the lower section of the slide pipe comes out or of it is part of the bottom I need to pull it out and check

OK here is a question I got the stuff to do the recirculation mod on my Skimmer (asm g3) but now what I want to know is if I put the Skimmer on a stand and plum in the pump from the bottom of it and have it like some of the bubble mangus Skimmers and still have the other pump running on it with the recirculation mod will that work or am I just over thinking the whole thing let me know what you guys think

You just wanna put the feed pump below the the skimmer? Sounds good to me. But if I had a recirculating skimmer I would feed it with my overflow. That way you insure dirty water going thru it, and have one less pump running.

Yeah I want to plum the pump from the bottom and point it to the wall of the Skimmer with a 45 to try to stop some of the turbulence with in the skimmer

Well I got a little upset today stoped in at lfs to find out about my radions and apex I was told they r waiting on the shipment and it was ordered over 2 weeks ago

Nice! I got one a while back, and it has easily become one of my favorites. A total underdog coral IMO, but I love the way the polyps move in the current.

Nice coral. :) I have one as well and love it too. :) Very easy to care for havent had any issues with it at all.

Yeah but I got a really small one its only like 1 1/2 inch frag so the polyups are small can't wait till it gets bigger

OK went and just did my water change and I noticed in my saltwater holding container I have what looks like cyano growing in there has anyone had this happen to them

Back
Top Bottom