New Fishies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterTeen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got some cool new fish, I got a flame angel, a juvenile Emporor angel thats changing its color as we speak, a eel, and a yellow and black long-tailed damsel :) Gotta Post Some Pics! They are acclimating right now and I just cannot wait 'til they are in!

That is alot of fish in a 55 gallon tank. 8 fish. WOW. JMO but that is overstocked. What do you mean changing to adult as we speak. You sure it just isn't stressed and loosing his color? Still though i think you have to many fish. But congrats on the new one.

This is all we are going to add for mm... a few years. Its changing from juvenile to a mature emporer, we saw the color on him before he was even caught in the net.

That quite a big Bio Load in that tank..Hope you aren't planning on making that reef too..Anyway congrats on your fish and Good luck...

Almost forgot..Make sure you test your water quite frequently Emperors and Flames need great quality water conditions..

flame angel
juvenile Emporor angel
a eel
yellow and black long-tailed damsel
2 blue damsels with yellow tails
1 pink spotted watchman gobie
1 percula clown

I have to agree, overstocked. A 55g tank is too small for an adult emperor, imo. The smaller fish could very well become meals for that snowflake when it get's bigger, so maybe it won't be overstocked for long :twisted: I will be very suprised if you do not have an ick problem in the next few weeks, I'm not trying to dampen your enthusiasm, just offering my opinion and wishing you luck ;)

it aint going to get big instantly :) Plus If he starts getting the munchies Ill keep him away. If we ever get anymore fish itll be a blue tang. But wont be for a while, maybe sell the 2 blue damsels and get it or replace em with a hawkfish :)

:nono: Way overstocked, and you don't even have enough LR. Yet your getting it tommorow..... thats the way to do it! :?

I have to agree again. The angel alone will get to big for that tank. And if he is changing to an adult than yeah it will be soon when he gets big. You need to do a little research before you go and buy alot of fish. Also did you QT them? If not as reefrunner said i would expect and ich outbreak......... Poor fish

I have a Macalosus in a 210 and I may get a bigger tank in the next couple years for her. These Angels get huge, up to 12" or more. Good luck!!! :fadein:

Back
Top Bottom