New Frogspawn Coral got some questions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acolotto

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey Guys,

I got a new frogspawn coral form my LFS on sunday and it has been doing great so far. I know it likes lots of light and low movement. Was just wondering if there is anything else i should know. The piece of frogspawn is branching off and has 2 heads. Also i was wondering if this is good movement for the frogspawn, i posted a video below. You might have to click on it to watch it. Thanks for any help and if you need any other information let me know. Also my water parameters are

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
pH: 8.1
Alkalinity: 11
Magnesium: 1470
Calcium: 400
Phosphate: 0

Well those heads look pretty darn happy to me, and there is nice extension on those tentacles so i'd say your good.

That looks more like a torch to me. Still beautiful though. Euphyllia rocks. :)

Does anyone else agree with this? My LFS carries a lot of torch coral and they all have purple tentacles with green tips. I did a lot research before buying and I'm pretty sure its frogspawn and thats what my LFS told me it was.

Tentacles look a little thick to be torch.. so my vote is frogspawn. But.. it could be a torch.

I have one similar to that it was sold as a frogspawn after much going back and forth between thinking it was a frogspawn or torch I decided to research it turns out it was a grape coral Euphyllia cristata.

Back
Top Bottom