Newly acquired naso tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

epaz

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all I bought a 4-5" naso yesterday really fat and healthy looking. I have yet to see him show any interest in any food I throw at him. What he has shown an interest in are my snails he's not over aggressive but his is going around nipping at shells. Any ideas on what I should do to get this guy eating for me?

Yes I have hank I have flake food infused with garlic, multiple different frozen foods and all colors of nori

Thanks hank that's what I did still haven't witnessed him eating alot but he is at least picking at the clips now.

I had to train my tang to eat from a clip. To get him to eat initially I had to anchor the nori to a rock with a rubberband. Might be worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks guys I did the rock trick today and he did eat off that I also saw him eat some flake as well. Not a pig like my other tangs but I think he just needs some time. Thanks for your input

Guys I am really getting wierded out by this tang like I said he is "picking" not full fledged pigging out like the rest of my tangs. But he is obsessed with the snails shell's he picks at them way more than any food. It's just wierd.

My blue hippo tang will pick up snails and corals and hide them behind the rocks. lol I think as long as he is eating he is gonna be fine. Just chalk it up to odd fish behavior. :)

My tang picks at snail shells a lot too. As long as he's eating you're good.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom