O. Clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquazen

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it normal for a clown to just hover in one spot of the tank for an extended period of time? I always heard that clowns were very active fish, which is why I added one to my tank. But this guy just hovers in the bottom left corner of the tank 90% of the time. Maybe he swims around when I'm not home, but is this behavior concerning? TIA.

I wouldnt be too alarmed, clowns usually establish a small territory and stay by it. How old is it?

The clown itself is tiny. Maybe an inch. If I was to guess, I'd say he wasn't any more than a few months old.

how long has he been in there? My clowns quickly established a spot, then slowly started exploring the rest of the tank each day. Now they are out and about all the time.

i've had him about a week. Hrm...I guess I should just give him time. :)

I just recently bought a pair of O. Clowns that are only about an inch long and they r pretty active, but one thing i noticed is that if there is a lot of current in the tank a fish that small will find a spot with the least amount of current to rest in. This way they dont spend so much energy fighting the current all the time. You dont realize how little current it takes to push these little guys around so it might just be an issue of the fish finding the easiest place to hang out without getting blown around.

I think you're right. He's not used to currents in the water. I got him from Petco, so he's probably not that developed as opposed to one that's wild caught.

Makes sense. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom