orange cap care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z_dano

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I bought an orange cap a little while back (thinking it was a chalice of some sort). And I have a lighting question.
My tank is pretty deep being a 56 gallon collum. My live rock comes up about 2/3 they way to the top. I run ecoxotic panorama pro's (1 rgb, 2 blue magenta, 2 white 1000k and blue). Should I have this as high as I can possibly get it? Right now its about 1/2 way in my tank. I have had it for maybe 6-8 weeks with only slight growth.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Thanks sniperhank, it does actually look good. I just read somewhere they really thrive and give off their best colors if moved into higher light/flow areas...... I'm probably medium/medium... I suppose I'm just second guessing myself, I get a little nervous with sps (i don't think I'm ready for it yet).

Sps aren't difficult at all. The only ones I have struggled with at times are acros. They are the hard sps. I've had some sps survive power outages with no flow or light for 12 hours to come back. Literally thought the one was dead until I went to remove the skeleton one day, there was still tissue! It is still recovering as I type this.

Sps aren't difficult at all. The only ones I have struggled with at times are acros. They are the hard sps. I've had some sps survive power outages with no flow or light for 12 hours to come back. Literally thought the one was dead until I went to remove the skeleton one day, there was still tissue! It is still recovering as I type this.

Maybe ill give some more sps a try. Do you recommend any that might be on the hardier side?

Back
Top Bottom