PH stability tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anovack

Aquarium Advice Freak
Been posting a lot as of recent because this apex has brought a whole new world into my personal reefing capabilities.

I've heard of PH dipping in the night and was curious what people do to help combat that for people that don't have a fuge to run counter lighting on it from the display.

Over the night dipped to 7.6 but early morning through the day it jumps up and holds at 8.2

Curious if I can do anything or if it's even that big of deal. Obviously just trying to keep as much consistency as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Correction: dropped to 7.51 at night

OH changes in the oceans all the time, it some fresh air in your house when possible and don't worry about it. You get into trouble trying to keep a perfect number by buffering, you buffer your ph and you all will be way off, buffer your all and your mag will be way off and on and on.

No tank lid.

Dkh on Wednesday was 6.72 and calc was 390.

Dosed 7.5 after of b-ionic two part.

Tested day after, being yesterday, Thursday.

Dkh-7
Calc-400

Figured I would also mention mag went from 1500 to 1400.

Not trying to chase numbers here. Especially since this is a 29gal. Way too easy for swings with my water changes.

Ph varies during the day. It then goes lower during winter months, we shut ourselves inside with the heater running. Not as much fresh air. If you want to stabilize it, use the air hose on a skimmer and run it out the window to keep fresh air coming in. It will help, but don't dose to keep ph stable. Dosing just leads to issues time and time again.

Won't be able to run a hose but that's alright.

Was only dosing to get calc up to around 430-450 and alk around 8 or so.

I'm just limited on my current system to do somethings I want to. Upgrade in my future for sure. Moving in a year and the thought of taking down a tank is out weighing the urge to upgrade currently tho.

Back
Top Bottom