Phyto feast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damarferg

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought this for my corals and I see what's in it and basically is a bunch of algae. Will this algae ruin my tank and become a algae bloom

Corals don't eat phyto, they eat zooplankton. However, it is not needed at all and usually just adds excess nutrients

I mean feed sparingly but like I said corals eat zooplankton not phyto

If you have photosynthetic corals, you don't have to feed at all. Adding foods like this, even if made of algae, will cause algae blooms because of the phosphates that are added directly to the water column. Both this and your uv sterilizer can be returned for other things that can make things better for your coral...better skimmer, better light, ro/di...whatever the case may be.

Feeding every once in a while is cool to watch with lps but it just has to be very sparingly. But yes photosynthetic corals don't necessarily need to be fed

I personally would not feed either. They get all they need from the lighting and water column. As mentioned above spend the money for other stuff for your tank.

If you feel the need to do it, spot feed with a syringe. This stuff breaks down into bad stuff very rapidly, use very sparingly or not at all IMO.

So this stuff isn't good for my tank what about oyster feast. I have a 65 gallon tank how much should I put in

Any liquid or powered food that you add to your tank is like adding liquid phosphates...infact that is exactly what it is. There is no need to use any type of food like this if you don't have non-photosynthetic corals.

Any liquid or powered food that you add to your tank is like adding liquid phosphates...infact that is exactly what it is. There is no need to use any type of food like this if you don't have non-photosynthetic corals.

So you just depend on your light for food for corals

Back
Top Bottom