Pics Posted In My Gallery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StripesTheEel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone,

I finally got around to posting pics of my fish, and tank progressions from month 1 until now month 11..

I hope everyone has a look and enjoys all my hard work over the past year...

Thanks!

Tried to have a look, but it appears that your gallery is empty: "This category does not contain any images."

Try again perhaps? :wink:

8)

Man thats a lot of fish in a n 80 gallon
Wow, the pics sure look nice but I have to agree...far too many fish in there and the selection is a bit suspect. Emperor angel and Sailfine hve a minimum tank size of 135gal. The regal and Purple need a minimum tank size of 100gal. And four tangs is just too many, even for a much larger system. I am in no way trying to insult the hard work you have put in (not mention the $$$) but you may be really setting yourself up for disator. YOu should really consider thining out your livestock by removing the angel and two or three of the tangs. Sorry :cry:

Stripes,

Sorry, I must agree with Lando. You do have some beautiful fish and I like the setup. But I would highly recommend thinning them out as well.

Jim

I have to agree with the others, that tank is very overstocked. You should consider getting rid about half of the fish before nature does it for you.

On the upside, the rockwork is very lovely. Just thin the ranks a bit and you will have a very nice tank!

Do you really have 22 fish in your tank?! They say 1/2 INCH of adult fish per 5g! That would be somewhere close to 16 INCHES of fish at their adult sizes! I don't even want to add up how many inches of fish you've got in there. Holy cow! Your water looks cloudy. Do your tests all test 0? Good for you if you're able to keep your water parms good with that number of fish in your tank. Make sure you have a UPS on that tank because a power outage would probably be fatal.

Your rockwork looks good but I'd much prefer live corals to plastic decorations. There's nothing like a frogspawn waving in the current!

the tank you are keeping all your fish and corals in "aqua one" do you still have the original globes in the light fittings? if so they are not good enough quality to keep corals.. you will have to change the lighting! i noticed in a few of your photos although very nice most of the corals appear to be partially open, this may present a problem in the future. if a coral dies due to poor lighting over time, and with so many fish in the tank you may be looking at alot of deaths over a short period of time (overnight or during the day while you arn't there) if something goes wrong. i suggest that you should look into additional or different lighting if you would like to keep corals in the tank. Becarefull, keep a very close eye on your levels if you do keep everything the same as it is now. good luck

Back
Top Bottom