Plumbing question for sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have three separate units each good for a 24"x24" area, 55 x 3watt led bulbs with 120 degree lenses I went the slightly more expensive route and bought ones with built in timers but that's not really needed, I got mine off amazon but a lot of people on here use them and get them off eBay, one popular seller I believe goes by supermart, and sometimes you can find two and three light packages for @ $100 pet unit, just make sure you get the dimmable ones because you don't want to go full power right away or you can bleach your corals

Sounds like I should of found this site before I bought my lights lol but it's ok I'll stick to mine unless the electric bill gets outrageous . Lol I probably won't have any kind of reef for six months at most till I get my tank really established and get the hang of the saltwater vibe down to a tee.

Yup, about a year or so ago I got started in saltwater with a killer CL deal on a 65 gallon tank that had a 6 bulb t5ho that was a neglected nightmare( divorce casualty) and by the time I started to get it looking halfway decent by not having hair algae on every surface I needed new bulbs so I started reading around on here and got turned onto the LEDs, there a few threads on here discussing lighting and most if not all come back to the LEDs being the best thing going especially when it comes to the cost and heat factors, the LED bulbs are rated for @ 50,000 hrs of use with no spectrum fade so at @ 10-12 hrs a day that's roughly 10 years bulb life at @ 1/4 the power consumption with nearly no heat generated, down in Texas unless your tanks in an air conditioned room up May end up needing a chiller for a reef tank

Makes since and I was considering getting a chiller in the future . A guy I met at my lfs has those lights and said he loved them . And I thought the same thing about my aquarium like if it's not one thing it's another. I often question if I should of went freshwater lol but I'm not changing my mind now.

After getting into saltwater I have found myself quickly losing interest in freshwater, I'm thinking I may scale back to just two tanks if I go all salt

Ya I enjoy it a lot just hate doing things I don't know a whole lot about . Lol I've read tons of books on it and still feel like I know nothing but the basics lol. And I have one ten gallon albino frog tank and my 150 no more for me lol .

I had gotten really into fw planted before I found my 65 SW on CL, and once I decided it was going pretty well and I wasn't going to kill everything I drained my 150 and started collecting equipment to do the build it's had water in it for @ 5-6 weeks and I moved the corals and fish over @ 2-3 weeks ago

I just jumped into it I found everything of mine but the light for 200 bucks so I couldn't pass it up

That's a steal, btw I noticed you have a built in overflow on the left of the tank it would be good to find out what the overflow is rated for and find a pump to match factoring in head loss on the pump

How would I go about figuring that out and what did you use to connect your PVC with ? Glue or silicone?

Back
Top Bottom