Psychotic clown fish?? Help..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Christopher311

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Got a pair of ocellaris clownfish about a week ago for my 75 gallon fowlr tank. As time has gone on one has become increasingly mean to the other. Constantly charging into him and chasing him around. I know this can be normal as a display of dominance but the other fish looked real stressed last night.

So I banished the bully to a quarantine tank for about 24 hours to give the other guy a break. A little while ago I put him back in the display tank and now he's acting like a lunatic. Charging around the tank at warp speed. He looks like a kid with ADHD. Acting like a complete *** charging into the other clown fish again. I can't decide if there's something wrong or if He knocked a screw loose in his tiny brain or what.

I'm hoping he calms down but I'm not holding my breath at this point

This usually happens because they are both the same sex. Once one of them vhanges they will usually stop. It has happened to me. My female had killed 2 other clowns before excepting the mate she has now. If tou take the clown out for a while it will not do anything to solve the problem because the tank is still the same when you add the clown back in. I would just let them be and sooner or later they should get along

Just trying to show dominance probably. It also could've gotten stressed from you putting it in qt. Leave the clowns in the same tank.

I had a similar issue yo and I had to put my clown in the refugium trow him back in there for 2 days that might do the trick it work for me

Octavio said:
I had a similar issue yo and I had to put my clown in the refugium trow him back in there for 2 days that might do the trick it work for me

Beat him with the fish net lol yeah my brother clown fish was doing the same thing put him in the sump or you can move the live rock around it will confused him they are fighting for territory this is a typical problem

Back
Top Bottom