Question about Nori

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GhostKnife

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Any type of seaweed really but when you put it in the clip how long do you leave it for? Reason I ask is my yellow eye kole tang seems to prefer the macro algae growing in the tank to the seaweed. He picks at it but spends most of his time picking at the macro algae throughout the day. Just wondering what would happen if I did leave it in for longer than a day.

Left overs are for the clean up crew
I agree, I bought it to feed my Angel but he ignored it. Now I give my Banded Coral shrimp a piece everyday and he devours it(small square though)

I leave my clip in four about 3 to 4 hours then I remove it. My tang loves nori!

Nori lasts about 5 mins in my tank. Every fish in my tank....tangs, angel, clowns and even the anthias eat it. If your fish aren't eating it, I wouldn't leave it in much more than a few hrs.

What type do ya'll use? I have a new tang, so perhaps he's just not comfortable yet in the tank, but I put a piece of Sea Veggies in the other day and he didn't even look at it.

I get mine from an Asian market. Can't read the label :) Just make sure it's untoasted.

I use ocean nutrition green marine sea algae. I left it in for a day. It stayed in tact and the tang started eating it. Within four hours it was all gone. I put another in today. I have it off to the side kind of in the back of the tank. The other fish dont see it. Plus my clowns never leave my BTA except to grab mysis and brine shrimp. Oh they will also chase away the azure damsels(kinda funny).

Back
Top Bottom