Refugium macro algae being smothered

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sniperhank

Giant Clam Addict
So, I have red garcia and red bone grass in my refugium. Was growing well, until hair algae and a red variety started to grow over it. I wouldn't have an issue with this, as it is exporting nutrients, but it is smothering my macro. Any ideas as to keeping it off my macro?

more flow? I have read in multiple threads that algae likes low flow areas. IDK if it will help or not, but maybe give it a try?

IDK my cheato hasnt grown, but it hasnt died, its just been the same since I got it. Im thinking about taking half of it out and seeing if it will grow. Hate to ask an obvious question but did you take a bunch of the macro out along with the other algae and see what happens?

Yes, more hair algae grows. The macro grows, but the hair algaes are growing overtop of it and it is a daily job trying to remove it. It isn't possible to get all of it.

Id like to see if anyone else replies. Im having a very small hair algae problem on my DT glass, nothing weekly maintenance cant take care of, but still annoying.

i have purigen and chemi pure elite. the chemi pure i change out every other month. the hair algae still likes to say hi haha

Back
Top Bottom