Replacing female clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnsonw2

Aquarium Advice Regular
Fish lights came on in the morning and my female clown wasn't around. After a little investigation I could see a few hermit crabs feasting on my clown hidden deep in the rock work .:( This clown was my most active fish and ate like a champ. Never any sign of illness. I think a hermit crab attacked her while she was sleeping considering she sleeps right above the sand. I do have 2 big hermit crabs although i've only purchased dwarf blue legs (must of got mixed in from the fish store)

If I choose to replace my female clown should I buy a clown larger than my current male or smaller making my current male a female?

Thanks!

The size isn't really that much of an issue. They change sexes as needed. I would say the two will have to sort out who wants to be the female...

Going with a juvenile would probably be safer. However, it would probably a good idea to wait a week or two to make sure there's no parasite or any other condition that's killing fish. Sorry about your clown.

Back
Top Bottom