Six-Line VS. Mandarin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jawfishjunky

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had a Six-Line wrasse in my current tank (trapped him out with an inverted coke bottle a few months back),

I waited a year before I added a Mandarin. The 6-line was in there a few months before. The wrasse unmercifully pecked that Mandarins head. The Mandarin did not last a week.

Im moving into a new tank yada yada yada...

Can wrasses and Mandarins live together in a 48 X 24 120 ?

If so, I should definitely add the Mandarin first, right?

PS (I`m setting up the plumbing today!:jump:)

Six lines can be so mean to many other fish. I say CAN because I know others that had good results with them. IMO the six line is so fiesty and the mandarin so docile I dont think it`s a great match. Maybe others will have experiences about them they can share.

Thanks for your help again.
Im not so concerned about a 6-Line Per-Say. I`m more concerned about wrasses in general. I`d like to get a Candy Hogfish and a one of those Greenish Four Line wrasses. Maybe even a Melanarus.

A long time ago I had a lunare wrasse and he was quite mean. I was getting ready to take him out and the day before I was he went carpet surfing.

heh heh---

Slightly off topic---when I was about 9 I had a tank in my room with like 20 newts in it.

When I turned 15 (by then, years tankless) I moved into the basement.

We pulled a desk from the wall, and in the corner, literally in mid-step, was a totally intact dried out newt.

I`ll never forget one of it`s front feet in mid-air----eternally reaching for some moisture that it would never touch.

Back
Top Bottom