Sixline bully

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squidward

Aquarium Advice Freak
I woke today to see my Sixline attacking my mandarine . They have been in my 75 for about 2-3 months and never had an issue . Can anyone tell me why ? My tank parameters are all where they should be.

squidward said:
I woke today to see my Sixline attacking my mandarine . They have been in my 75 for about 2-3 months and never had an issue . Can anyone tell me why ? My tank parameters are all where they should be.

Anyone ? I'm worried I'm going to come home to a dead mandarin .

I've recently ran into the exact same problem with that pair (my mandarin was so stressed from the wrasse his fins started regressing and tearing), but now my green long tentacle mushroom isn't opening bc the 6line was nipping it.. Still haven't been able to get the wrasse out :( and I only see my mandarin after the lights are out.

Reanea03 said:
I've recently ran into the exact same problem with that pair (my mandarin was so stressed from the wrasse his fins started regressing and tearing), but now my green long tentacle mushroom isn't opening bc the 6line was nipping it.. Still haven't been able to get the wrasse out :( and I only see my mandarin after the lights are out.

That's crazy , I noticed the aggression today but A few days ago I noticed the mandarin hanging by the return side of my tank which he has never done . So I believe he has been getting Bullied for a few days Now . So do you think my best bet is to get the wrasse out ? Btw thank you for the replies need all the advice I can get , I really don't wanna lose my mandarin .

That's my plan but my wrasse is only about 1" so I'll have to wait till he gets a little bigger... I put a net pot in the back for my mandarin to hide in until then and it's helped a lot!! Plus I hide nutramar in a shell and give it to him at night.. Good luck!!

Reanea03 said:
That's my plan but my wrasse is only about 1" so I'll have to wait till he gets a little bigger... I put a net pot in the back for my mandarin to hide in until then and it's helped a lot!! Plus I hide nutramar in a shell and give it to him at night.. Good luck!!

Yea mine is also 1" 1/2 , I will look into

I had a 6line for a long time with no problems. Had mysterious shrimp deaths and couldn't put a exact reason on it until I tried to add a pep shrimp and a flasher wrasse. He almost killed the shrimp and wouldn't leave the flasher alone. There are traps you can make, but what finally worked for me was waiting until lights out and removing the rock he slept in. He slipped out of the rock but if you shine a flashlight in its eyes they're stunned and you should be able to grab it. Good luck.

My cleaner shrimp just died like 2 weeks ago I wonder if it was a victim as well . I'm gonna have to see if I can find where he sleeps at I haven't ever been able to find him .

Back
Top Bottom