skimmer not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lindsikins00

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, As some of you know I'm a new seaclone owner. It was putting a lot of bubbles in the tank ,but was foaming and pulling protien out. It settled down after about 4-5 days and stopped spitting bubbles into the tank. All was well then I emptied the cup after about 6 days (3/4 full) I rinsed it a little, and put it back. Now it is not pulling any protien out. (it has been a couple of days with no water collecting in the top) I looked it over and everything seems to be working.......I'm really new at this so I don't even know where to start. Any ideas or is there a link to any articles? I could call their customer helpline :)

I would not worry about it. I had the same skimmer and it did the same thing when I cleaned it. After you clean it, plug it back in and let it run with the valve closed for a while. It will need to "break in" for a little bit. Do not be afraid to clean the intake sponge. This should be done on a regular basis so it does not contribute to a nitrate problem. Good luck...Lando

Back
Top Bottom