Small Cyclone Forming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chromediggity

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just switched out the back half of my bow front glass tank top for light diffuser/egg crate and now a new phenomenon is occurring. A small cyclone is form directly above my Koralia circulation pump (240 GPH). The fish don't mind it and this would seem to indicate excellent surface flow. Anyone have the occur to them?

image-299537300.jpg

It comes and it goes. It is not constant. I am running a 36 gallon FOWLR.

image-1148620210.jpg

Top of tank with diffuser installed.

Move the power head down a little like the other poster suggested. Not sure what the live rock method is.

Would like to hear more.

I realize what is happening I was wondering if it was more of something that we should shoot for since is causes surface agitation and thus more gas exchange? Is it a positive, negative or a neutral?

I'm sure it is somewhat a benefit but the noise is rather annoying, and if you run a protein skimmer, this isn't doing anything your skimmer isn't .

It happens on my 20 gal long. I'm running a koralia 3 on it, so it's pretty huge, but I can't move it down much more without sucking up a ton of substrate and blowing huge holes in my substrate.

Live with it I guess haha

Back
Top Bottom