snowflake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
make no mistake they will eat (fish) or anything else they can catch, talking from experience, they also can escape out of a pencil size opening, you tank myst be completely sealed

Im thinking of getting one as small as possible so my clown and soon to be other fish can grow with it :)

Im thinking of getting one as small as possible so my clown and soon to be other fish can grow with it :)

He will far out pace your clowns, many years ago I had a small on and within 6 months he eat one of my clowns, they are beautiful but if you have one, just realize at some point in time he will kill smaller fish. If you have prized fish, I would not get one

I have power heads in my 55 and he's fine been in there two years but the love to dig under rock ...

make no mistake they will eat (fish) or anything else they can catch, talking from experience, they also can escape out of a pencil size opening, you tank myst be completely sealed

As it is with most thinsg it depends on the individual fish. Some will eat fish while others won't ever look at them.

Mine I got when it was a baby I keep him well fed with shrimp ,scallops,fish ,squid so he's never Hungary so he don't mess with the coral banded shrimp or fish.. I'm willing to bet though if I were to skip a few meals I'd have some issues..

I have power heads in my 55 and he's fine been in there two years but the love to dig under rock ...

I hid a piece of 3" PVC in my rock work and at first I hated it because it was white but he loves it and now the algae has camouflaged it now.

Just keep it from drawing all the attention to the PVC home instead of the beauty of your tank. I'm trying to find some overflow covers for my tank. I've seen a bunch that look like rock but none quite large enough for my overflows.

Just keep it from drawing all the attention to the PVC home instead of the beauty of your tank. I'm trying to find some overflow covers for my tank. I've seen a bunch that look like rock but none quite large enough for my overflows.

tim you never told me how often you feed him and what you feed him oh and what diet hes one as in different foods, proteins etc :confused:

tim you never told me how often you feed him and what you feed him oh and what diet hes one as in different foods, proteins etc :confused:

Eel and trigger gets fed every day to keep him from eating any of my fish. I feed them both silversides, shrimp, krill and they also eat whatever im feeding the rest of my tank.

Eel and trigger gets fed every day to keep him from eating any of my fish. I feed them both silversides, shrimp, krill and they also eat whatever im feeding the rest of my tank.

so does he eat before or after you pet him..? :cool: and how long have you have him..?

so does he eat before or after you pet him..? :cool: and how long have you have him..?

I got him back in the beginning of August but QT him at the store so I kept him used to hands in the tank and one day he came out of nowhere and I thought he was going to bite me but he just wrapped my hand up and kept sliding through my fingers. Now he's in my tank at home and still does the same. And I don't put my hands in until after I have fed them because the trigger still worries me. (Bad experience with a clown trigger)

I had one for 8 years until he busted out of the tank, and I mean busted out. He blew the lid of the tank off. He was 2' and incredibly strong. He could eat anything that fit in his mouth. He lived with a 1' lion fish and that was all.

They will get into incredibly small spaces when little. That's why the caution on the power heads.

Back
Top Bottom