Sohal/clown tang question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
Am I asking for trouble if I add a small sohal, or clown, or both to my tank? I have read they are OK if added last. Anyone have these?

I've heard the clown is EXtrememly difficult to keep alive. Heard only, but I've never seen on in a tank for too long. Something about needing higher water turnover than most other tangs.

I have ready that the Clown Tang can be overally agressive with any of its tank mates; even after the Clown is comfortable with its surroundings. Of course each fish has its own personality.

Mike

I am leaning toward the sohal also. Someone posted in here a while back about a tank with a clown and sohal together. I am thinking they are too similar in body shape/ feeding habits to be in the same tank.

I came across this when trying to find info on a sohal- http://www.wetwebmedia.com/Asohal.htm the guy seems to know what hes talking about, it seemed pretty informative. I want to put a sohal in my 180 when i get it (because I just think they are beautiful fish) and im trying to figure out if a) thats a good idea and b) if I'll be able to keep my current yellow tang with him.

After doing much more reading I have completely marked the clown off the list. From reading memos from the "experts" that have kept them, 6 months to a year is about all they last in captivity. Until they know why or know how to change that I am staying away. I am still considering a sohal though.

Back
Top Bottom