Star polyps spreading

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice (y)

I'm half considering allowing my GSP to grow all across my back tank wall. Not sure if I want to allow it to run that rampant tho.

very nice these corals grow like crazy I have a 24 g nano they covered the rock they are on then started up the wall ..

Very nice, yes they do grow like crazy. When I first added mine they were just about the size a half dollar. In just about 6 weeks they are now about the size a baseball.

A word of cation, they il will smother other corals and take over tanks, make sure to place them where you will be able to keep them under control.

image-2371574886.jpg

I started with a quarter size frag and now have several very large rocks covered in it. This stuff grows like crazy like said above.

I agree. But on a good note its easy to peel off of glass. It is pretty, but it seems to be a hot coral as it can overtake many other encrusting species. I let it grow onto golf ball sized rocks and sell them to the LFS for $25 a piece.

I agree. But on a good note its easy to peel off of glass. It is pretty, but it seems to be a hot coral as it can overtake many other encrusting species. I let it grow onto golf ball sized rocks and sell them to the LFS for $25 a piece.

Nice!!!

Not trying to jack this thread but I've had a frag of GSP for a few months and it hasn't gotten bigger at all. But my SPS/LPS and zoas are growing just fine? Weird

Dan mine did the same thing ,at the time my tank was new and had nutrient issues not sure if it was a coincidence or what but soon as I got rid of the high nutrients it took off..

Dan mine did the same thing ,at the time my tank was new and had nutrient issues not sure if it was a coincidence or what but soon as I got rid of the high nutrients it took off..

Interesting, well I am in the process of starting to dose my tank so maybe I'll start seeing better results soon :)

Back
Top Bottom