Stock list ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cogus

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im trying to make a stock list for my tank but there are so many cool looking fish i cant decide. I was hoping someone on here would have some good ideas. This is my first tank and its a 75 gallon reef tank with a 20 gallon sump. Id like the fish to not be too difficult to care for and i like bright colors and i would like the fish to be a little different from the norm. Thanks in advanced for the help. Ohh i really wanna have a pair of black clown fish.

Hi. My brother and i have a 66 gallon reef, and pride ourselves on having an unique stocklist. Heres what we've got. All are compatible with eachother, but not inverts. The ones with a * are questionable to be housed with inverts..

Onespot Foxface
Marine Betta *
Large Engineer Goby
B&W Clownfish
Occ. Clownfish
FlameHawk Fish *
Chalk Bass

I really like the look of the flame hawk fish but i was worried because i wanted a goby shrimp pair

Cogus said:
I really like the look of the flame hawk fish but i was worried because i wanted a goby shrimp pair

You could always nix the flame. The betta isnt a definite shrinp killer IMO. i woupd nix the engineer too then..he gets big and is kinda agressive for a small goby/shrimp

Okay thanks... I wanted to try to keep the fish smaller soo i could have a couple more instead of just a few big ones

Gboy66 said:
You could always nix the flame. The betta isnt a definite shrinp killer IMO. i woupd nix the engineer too then..he gets big and is kinda agressive for a small goby/shrimp

Really? Do you mean they are aggressive diggers and would undo the goby's tunnel and make it unpleasant for them, or aggressive as in territorial and will harass the goby/shrimp pair?

Cogus said:
Okay thanks... I wanted to try to keep the fish smaller soo i could have a couple more instead of just a few big ones

Sounds like a good plan. I personally like bigger fish, but i think itd be cool to all have nanos. I
If you wanted mostly smaller fish..sorry, my list prob didnt help you much haha:)

Haha thanks any ways i need/want all the advice i can get:)

CorallineAlgae said:
Really? Do you mean they are aggressive diggers and would undo the goby's tunnel and make it unpleasant for them, or aggressive as in territorial and will harass the goby/shrimp pair?

Well i would say both actually. They arent really a fish that is known for being agressive, but it is just one of those things your learn after owning an adult you know? He is a big digger, so i cant imagine having another digger like him. He also van be agressive, so i wouldnt feel comfortable having a smaller goby in the same niche, and especially not a little shrimp! Just my thoughts on the matter.

Any one else got ideas for a cool stock list

How about:

Melanarus wrasse
Red spot blenny
Jawfish of some sort
2 true perc clowns
And a small tang my LFS gets some that are not like the ones on any websites that stay small.

I always liked the combination of several of the firefish available to choose from, royal gramma, flame angel, reef safe anthias, wrasses, and gobies. Picking "reef safe" fish allows for keeping some of the coolest things also like pistol shrimps, clams, etc.

I defently wanna be able to have some cool inverts

Gboy66 said:
Well i would say both actually. They arent really a fish that is known for being agressive, but it is just one of those things your learn after owning an adult you know? He is a big digger, so i cant imagine having another digger like him. He also can be agressive, so i wouldnt feel comfortable having a smaller goby in the same niche, and especially not a little shrimp! Just my thoughts on the matter.

Very informative. I've never had an adult engineer goby. That makes a lot of sense though. Always great to get a first hand observation.

Mr. D said:
How about:

Melanarus wrasse
Red spot blenny
Jawfish of some sort
2 true perc clowns
And a small tang my LFS gets some that are not like the ones on any websites that stay small.

What is this "small tang" you'r talking about?

Mrc8858 said:
Kole and bristle

I thought of putting one in my 80 gallon but can't get my self to do it even tho they stay smaller I just feel like they just need more swimming room but that's just my thinking if you get one good luck and hopefully you'll have a happy healthy fish

Patrick93 said:
I thought of putting one in my 80 gallon but can't get my self to do it even tho they stay smaller I just feel like they just need more swimming room but that's just my thinking if you get one good luck and hopefully you'll have a happy healthy fish

I also agree. They can be kept in 4' tanks but I won't do one unless 6'. That's just personal preference though

Back
Top Bottom