Stock List Plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So im planning my stock list for my 25gallon tank.

25 gallons/45lb's of Live Rock

Royal Gramma
Yellow Watchman
Flame Angel
2x Clowns
Shrimp
Dwarf Hermits
Need Ideas for snails that will clean my sand
Star Fish

What are your thoughts? The flame angel will be bought small and will be in a 40 gallon in a year so dont worry about him ;) Ill make sure hes happy.

How many dwarf Hermits should I have?

Also thinking of using Nassarius Snails for cleaning the sand, How many of these should I have?

The flame angel will probably stress out the rest of your fish in that size tank. If it doesn't work out expect to take out all the live rock to remove it. It took one week for my lemonpeel to stress out one royal gramma and a clown fish to the point that my royal gramma didn't eat and the clown fish was hiding. They were in a 55 gallon tank with no other fish.

In a 25 gallon tank I might put 3 blue legged hermits and 3 massarius snails.

What type of star fish are you going to get? It seems like the ones I like don't have a very long survival rate in an aquarium because of lack of food.

Everything iv read tells me the angel will be fine with the other fish as long as its the last fish to be put in the tank.

Plus, if you ever decide on a reef, which is always where you will usually end up at, that angel could cause problems..

everyone I have talked to who owns a flame angel says that only sometimes they will nip at sps corals but they will leave basically everything else alone. Please know that when I made this stock list I did do extensive research and didnt just say these are the fish I like so they will just have to work.

CleverBs said:
everyone I have talked to who owns a flame angel says that only sometimes they will nip at sps corals but they will leave basically everything else alone. Please know that when I made this stock list I did do extensive research and didnt just say these are the fish I like so they will just have to work.

Did i say you didnt do research? I bet you have done plenty. But, do you want to take the risk? Can you predict what a fish will do? If so, then go ahead

no need to get upset mate, im just stating my point of view just as you are to develop a good conversation to get more ideas. and no I cant predict what a fish will do, thats a very passive aggressive statement, but I can research and get an idea from people who own them. Keeping fish is always a risk...In my hi-tech planted tank I have a Blue ram that eats any small leafed plant I get like foxtail, is that normal for rams no its not but its something I have to deal with in my tank because I have that fish that enjoys plucking each little hair off the foxtail.

CleverBs said:
no need to get upset mate, im just stating my point of view just as you are to develop a good conversation to get more ideas. and no I cant predict what a fish will do, thats a very passive aggressive statement, but I can research and get an idea from people who own them. Keeping fish is always a risk...In my hi-tech planted tank I have a Blue ram that eats any small leafed plant I get like foxtail, is that normal for rams no its not but its something I have to deal with in my tank because I have that fish that enjoys plucking each little hair off the foxtail.

Oh definatly not upset, just doing the same as you are. Either way, from all that iv heard, angels nip. And they do most of the time. Just the other day, melousu (sp?) had to tear down his reef just to find an angel that was destroying half of his corals. The fish hadnt killed corals for several years, and then, it was killing most of them. Just my input

Yeah even if it doesn't nip at first it may down the road. And plus they are IMPOSSIBLE to catch. If its a fowlr, go for it but I wouldn't risk all that coral $$$. They will literally eat corals.

CleverBs said:
I just know myself and theres no way ill be able to keep myself from doing Corals

I know what you mean. The angels are awesome and colorful, but you could only get one. You could get TONS of coral :D
Its up to you, but i wouldnt mix the two...ok that rymed that was sweet

I had two dwarf angels that were model citizens for 4 yrs and then they went munching on corals. I had to tear the whole tank down to catch them. Please dont let someone tell you that they will leave corals alone. They destoyed some LPS and soft corals in my tank. I just hate to see someone say they wont mess with corals when I know better.

I have three dwarfs in my 250 gallon reef for over 10 years. The only really safe one is my coral beauty, the flame is so so, the black tail needs to get caught and sent to the LFS. Also, they need a big tank as they roam continuously and need lots of caves and swim thrus. You also can't keep clams with most angels.

In my case, I was lucky over the long term, but every fish is a little different and to be safe you shouldn't do what I did...

Back
Top Bottom