Supply line from CPR Overflow, help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crawling68

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well, im getting ready to plumb in the sump. How can you connect PVC to the line on the CPR overflow. The 1" PVC slips right in the bottom, but i could not find anything that matched the treads on the outside

You need to use PVC cleaner on the inside of the bulkhead fitting and around the outside of the pipe. Then you need to coat the area of the PVC pipe that slips into the bulkhead with some PVC cement (the kind that says "for potable water") push the two together, give the pipe a 1/4 twist and hold for about 30 seconds. After 30 min or so you can flush it with water to check for leaks and your good to go. Anymore question ask away.

Well, im definitely no stranger to PVC work, i was just not sure about gluing the two together. Well, looks like i build the sump lines today.

I only cemented a 6" piece of PVC into the actual CPR overflow. Then, I attached flexible tubing for the remainer of the overflow. The flex tubing was just easier to work with than hard plumbing the entire way.

Back
Top Bottom