Tim's 54 Gallon Corner -> Going Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is some pics.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120208_211604.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120208_211604.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 78
  • ForumRunner_20120208_211620.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120208_211620.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 113
  • ForumRunner_20120208_211636.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120208_211636.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 95
  • ForumRunner_20120208_211650.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120208_211650.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 92
Small updates:

Overall tank is fantastic. Everyone appears happy.

I found my tank's first bristleworm today. About as thick as spaghetti and about 4"! Sweet!

The mesh top is holding up nicely. Evaporation is higher but I'm on it!

Life is good.

Well I was debating about purchasing an Ecotech Radion LED for my tank. I figured I would use my income tax money.

Then today it dawned on me that I'll be getting over $1k for a bonus at the end of this month. (March ends the fiscal year)

So that being said, its a no brainer. I still have to verify the skimmer that I may be getting, but either way. I'm placing an order for the radion tomorrow.

Question: I am planning to purchase online and I'm wondering whether you would purchase from Aquacave or DrsFoster&Smith.

The difference is $.02 - Also they are both within a state or so from MI so travel is the same.

Only advantage I give DrsF&S is that I need to buy a box of salt too and AC doesn't sell ReefCrystals.

But Drs has free shipping anyway so I could place two orders.

Thanks!

Thanks for the added confidence. I've also ordered from them and LA as well and had good experiences.

Looks like the order will be placed soon. Whoo hoo!

I did just get one not long ago. Remember I was chasing Nitrates for a while so I was doing like 15-20 gallon pwc's frequently.

I do have (30) gallons made up in my brute as well.

Just placed the order for the new Radion, 200 gallon salt mix and a $3 algae scrubber :)

Right on - I'm certain it won't be a regret - We've had such a mild winter in Michigan that just about every day I'm thinking about getting my bike out of storage!

I've decided that I really miss my sixline wrasse.

I bought one as my 2nd fish for my tank, before I knew what the heck I was doing, and he didn't make it. Now that my tank is more established and seems to be quite healthy, and my params are all in check. Nitrates have been consistent at (5ppm) for a few weeks.

I'll probably just get a small one tomorrow morning.

Acclimating a small sixline and a cleaner shrimp. I figured my existing cleaner could use a friend

Sounds good.

QUESTION:

I just bought a blueish white acro the about a week or so ago. Since I am only using a 4-bulb t5, I put it in its permanent home in the top 1/3 of the tank. Today I was looking at it, and one side is looking bleached, with no polyps in it.

What should my next course of action be to save it, if it's possible?

Back
Top Bottom