Tim's 54 Gallon Corner -> Going Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How do you like your firefish. I assume you like it some if its in your tank :p but is it a good eye catcher? Im thinking of getting a few when my tank is finally done.

I enjoy her in their... She's not a very active swimmer, pretty much stays in the same 6-8" of water column, but she is very pretty and adds nice color to the water. On top of that she is quite peaceful and gets along well with the other tank mates.

If I could start over, I'd still get one.

Wow... I must be tired. *There not their, and adds color to the TANK not the water... LOL

I've seen a few videos online where they will at least hang in pairs, but I'm not 100% on anything more than (2) together.

LA says: "It will rarely become aggressive towards other fish, but is territorial, and will fight with its own kind unless they are a mated pair."

TLTGF said:

See if you guys can see this. It's my first try at uploading a silly video I took yesterday. It starts with my new DIY top and then showcases some of my tank mates.

Lol. Love the whistling. Tank is looking good

Yup, I'm a whistler... didn't even notice I was doing it! LOL. I'm planning to try to take a real video later today with my real camera and see how it turns out as well. Plus I'm hoping to capture the pink spot goby and the new sixline in the tank.

Its crazy, the one side of it is looking better and better and the bleached side is still the same, no further bleaching... I've got a third Koralia 750 I normally use to mix saltwater, and I'm debating on adding it to the tank to see if the extra flow helps.

I really can't imagine it bleaching due to the light. It's at the same level as my other acro's. Maybe because its whitish blue?

Anyway, I'm not sure the 750 flow added with the other two 750's is going to be a good thing. I may just put it in temporarily and see what happens.

I am truly shocked. I just added a third Koralia 750 to my tank and... It looks great! I have direct flow to my acro and it pushed out a bunch of nasty that was stuck in the back of the tank. The only thing that might now be liking me right now is a few hairy mushrooms - flow is a bit strong for them, may need a minor tweak.

The craziest part is I'm thinking about adding another one to point the other way. (4) 750's in a 54 gallon tank! Wow!!!

I am thinking about adding a small outboard motor to my tank. A nice Evenrude. It seems you cannot provide enough flow, the more the better. And the currents need to be changing all the time. I finally put in a pair of Magnum 8 (the biggest Korellia makes) and alternate them on and off every 90 seconds. Creates a surge that the corals seem to love. Now I need to add a few smaller ones to create more flow around my elkhorn coral.

The tank looks great - fish are loving it and the corals seem to love the flow too. I ordered another 750 should be here on Wednesday. I need one to mix saltwater anyway, but I'm going to try it in the tank first to see what happens, then I may get another for the salt mix, or just grab one of the MP10's for now.

I love the mp10s I have I think you would as well all the settings you can do with them for random flow is amazing

MP10's are on the wishlist.

Any ideas what type of coral this is - some sort of acro - growing decently.

The LFS called it green acro, but I'm curious.

Acro is looking actually better today. There seems to be polyps back in the top 1/4" of the tips. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom