To upgrade or not to upgrade?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JennaSimpson

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well guys I just bought a new house! :) and I will have lots more room then now and was considering getting a 75 gallon to move my 36 saltwater into . What are the drawbacks/ pluses / expenses to expanding? Or should I just stay in my comfy little bowfront?

You are going to upgrade eventually...might as well do it now;)
Seriously though, you will!

Drawbacks-need to buy more rock, sand, lights, and skimmer/sump.

Pros-endless

JustinKBreen said:
Lol why stop at a 75, get a 120 :)

Or a 220..or a 300..or a 100? Lol. It never ends;) but ya, 75 or 120 is a good size for reefs.

A 75 would be a great up grade. I keep one tied to my larger tank. You'll be glad you did. Live rock design, tank stability, increased bio load capability are some of the pluses.

Just get a 120 it will be way better then the 75 and you will love all the room in it

It depends on what you for see in the future. 75 gallons in a nice size for a reef. If you want to keep Tangs you'll need a six foot tank like a 125 or a 180 gallon. For kicks I searched Craig's list in your area and found a reef ready 125 for $500. I can't tell if thats a good deal with out knowing more about it, like the lights, pumps and other equipment.

MTS is a way of life for many of us!

Honestly I would upgrade to a six footer. It will open up your options to a whole new selection of fish. 180s (72"x24"x24") are my favorite and will be the next size I move to :)

I'm rolling in laughter! I thought my husband was bad but you guys are pros! Thanks for the interest and help everyone :)

Back
Top Bottom