Upgrade Time (125 gal Freshwater to Saltwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Because it's a reef ready tank and the holes are already in the bottom. I am going to drill the back for the 3/4" return.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I have to postpone the build for now. I have Angels spawning in another tank and raising the babies is taking up a lot of my time. I hope to get back to this build in the next week or two. Hopefully the babies will get me some store credit when they get big enough.

I am trying to get back on this build. I installed a GFCI behind the tank today and discovered that the circuit is a 20 amp which I am very happy about.

In my attempt to turn this into a durso style overflow system I just want to make sure this will work before I drill the holes I need.

In this design I will have in each overflow box a main drain and a emergency drain and I will drill two holes on the back of the tank (one hole on each side) for the return lines. Can anyone see any issues that this design will cause?

In my attempt to turn this into a durso style overflow system I just want to make sure this will work before I drill the holes I need.

In this design I will have in each overflow box a main drain and a emergency drain and I will drill two holes on the back of the tank (one hole on each side) for the return lines. Can anyone see any issues that this design will cause?

No. It actually sounds like it would work very well. Happy drilling!!! ;)

Well finally got my husband and son to turn my tank over so I can change the 3/4" hole into a 1" hole.
And drill the 3/4" hole on the Back of the tank. I am debating on whether or not to use ABS or SCH80 bulkhead. What do you all recommend?

Well just shattered the bottom of my tank trying to drill my hole. I checked to see if it was tempered and it didn't appear to be. But evidently it was. [emoji30]

Oh s#%*t !!!!! Now you can buy that pre drilled 180 that you know you always wanted :-/ ... sorry Barb ! I bet those were some choice words you uttered tho !

Yes I did utter some choice words Dary. I don't think I've said those words in a very long time. Well I don't know if It can be fix or not. I can't buy a new one for a while so I will have to try and fix it if It's possible.

I don't think my aquarium can be repaired so I'm not getting another one until next year some time. I'm going to focus on my 40 gallon for right now.

It can be done, when I shattered the back panned of a 55g we ordered a plane of glass to the dimensions and resilled the entire thing, water tight and snug. It's in the attic now though as I bought a predrilled 75g for my reef

I'm sure as cgthebeast said , it can be fixed but is it practical for the effort ,time and $ envolved ,..that's only a decision you can decided ,.... if it were me ,I'd prob wait and buy a predrilled tank that'll suit your every need ,.. maybe more $$$ in the long run but it'll be a "turn key " situation ,...good luck on the 40 in the meantime !!

When you do start looking, Craigslist it a must to check out!! I got 1k$ worth of stuff for 300$, including a reef octopus skimmer

Sorry to hear about the tank. That's a real bummer for sure. Craigslist is always worth taking a look in the meantime.

It's a 125 reef ready. Same size as The one I had. It was $699 and I'm getting it for $475. Hubby is buying for me for [emoji319]. I'm going to order it tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom