Upgrade Time (125 gal Freshwater to Saltwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a 125 gallon tank how many gallons should my return pump be putting out?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That depends on how much your overflow is rated for, you want to match the 2

That depends on how much your overflow is rated for, you want to match the 2

Ok thanks. The pump I am using was bought with the tank but I'm just not seeing a lot of movement in the tank. I don't know how many gallons my overflows are rated at. Is there a way to find out?

Where you got them from should have the specs on them. And you'll still need to implement additional flow besides the returns

Yea i have power heads just not in the tank yet. The store I bought the tank from has gone out of business. I guess I can try the manufacturer.

Yes there is but I can't see it right now. I will see if I can move the pump tomorrow to see the label.

Not happy with how I did the 1" bulk heads. Couldn't get that left side to stop dripping so I ordered two new bulk heads that are threaded on the bottom so I can just screw in the pvc fittings.

The 1" bulk heads that I currently have are slip so I had to glue a fitting into the bulk head and it didn't really fit tight. I'm thinking long term that's a disaster waiting to happen.

It could be. I'm sure when i buy a new house and get a new setup I'd be more serious about my fixes, but currently mine is held together with silicone and paint stir sticks.

Yea it's definitely something to think about when you have a lot of water that could potentially end up on your floor. I'm trying not to have that happen. If it did, my husband would kick me and my tanks out of the house. ?

I actually overflowed the tank last night during water changes. I was cleaning the overflow box and broke the siphon. Didn't notice lol.

Oh my goodness Hank. I know what that is like when this tank was freshwater I was filling the tank after a water change and got distracted and overflowed the sump onto the floor.

Ok made some decisions this week to try a herbie overflow instead of the durso. I found a way to do implement it without a lot of work. I will use the existing holes in the overflows as herbie style and I will drill two holes in the back of the tank for the returns.

I also decided to hard plumb everything instead of using the flex hose. I just think it looks better.

I somehow over flowed my sump a few times I still haven't figured out why it did . some time in the near future once my home improvement loan comes . I have a big project pulling up my warped floor in living room . and maybe be done with basement by than

Sorry Seaweed for the overflowing sump issue. Sounds like you have a plan to get it all fixed up though.

I have all my plumbing parts now so should be able to get this tank plumbed this weekend. I can't wait to get it running and cleaned.

I figured out that I have to make my 3/4" hole in my bulkheads the same size as the 1" holes (for the herbie method) so that means drilling the bottom of the tank. I have to wait for my husband and son to take the tank off the stand and turn it over for me to drill it. Maybe they will feel like doing it tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom