Upgrade Time (125 gal Freshwater to Saltwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have so much patience! I can't wait to see the outcome, but I know it will be worth the wait with all the time, work and research you are putting into it!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thank you Sand dollar. I am hoping to get it running this weekend with water and vinegar to try to get the tank cleaned out really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

wow that suckers clean .. mine is salt etched I got big spots you can't see through at all, I have been keeping a eye out at habitat for some nice shutter doors to hide my ugly sump

Thanks Seaweed. I've been wanting one of those for a while so when they had them on sale I scooped it up. It will fit perfectly in my cabinet.

Finished the last coat of paint on the stand this morning. I had to remove one of the cross braces to allow room to get the sump in the stand.

The Stand is now back in the house with the sump installed and the cross brace is back in place.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468700172.148924.jpg

I have to finish installing the durso standpipes then get my flex hose ready so I can install that. I bought this flex hose that can be glued into pvc with pvc glue.

I plan on glueing each end of the hoses that supply the water to the sump into a piece of pvc that will then attach to my bulk heads and my filter sock holders.

I'm not sure how I will do the return hoses yet. My return bulk heads are barbed so I'm not sure if I'm going to leave them like that or replace them with regular bulk heads so I can glue one end of the hose to a piece of pvc then attach that to the regular bulk heads.

What are your thoughts on the return hoses. I would love hear how you all have yours hooked up.

Thanks sniper. It's coming along nicely. I hope to have some water and distilled vinegar running in this tank by tomorrow.

I ended up switching out the barbs bulk heads with regular ones. I have the dursos installed and the return pipes with the loc-line installed. I will hook up the hoses today and reseal the overflow boxes.

Well I forgot I have to reseal the overflow boxes. I have to remove as much of the old sealant as possible then reseal them. I'm thinking another week or two if all goes well.

I was able to get the Overflow boxes resealed night before last. Now I will work on hooking up the flex hose this weekend.

Fittings are in place and flex hose is glued into the fittings. Yay! Now ready for some water to leak test.

Ok leak test failed. The bulk heads are not tight enough. My husband is going to tighten them for me.

Leak test passed on one side and still had a tiny tiny leak on the other side tightened some more and added some thread sealant on the threads right under the nut.

Back
Top Bottom