Upgrade Time (125 gal Freshwater to Saltwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If my tank had a hood on it I would mind using the egg crate but since it's open I prefer to use the screens although I will have to rinse them off on occasion.

There's prob no perfect top and not every top may be suited for everyone's tank or taste ,... it just neat seeing everyone's input and ideas ,...it's just one of those things ya just gotta have ,...you're doing good kid ! :)

Oh my Seaweed you lucked out finding the little guy when you did. I hope he is going to be ok.

no the baby's fine he just hangs out in the rock .
my saddle wrasse was the one that jumped and got stuck by his gills in the egg crate. was fun getting him cut out but he's fine . he was lucky to be fat:cool:
hmDdFHW.jpg

no the baby's fine he just hangs out in the rock .
my saddle wrasse was the one that jumped and got stuck by his gills in the egg crate. was fun getting him cut out but he's fine . he was lucky to be fat:cool:
hmDdFHW.jpg

Oh ok, I must have got them mixed up. He is very nice. I just received my wrasses today. Will put up pictures later.

There's prob no perfect top and not every top may be suited for everyone's tank or taste ,... it just neat seeing everyone's input and ideas ,...it's just one of those things ya just gotta have ,...you're doing good kid ! :)

Thanks Dary. I really love hearing and seeing what others do with their systems. I find it very interesting and I learn a lot from you all being more experienced reefers than myself.

Ok here are the new wrasses that arrived today.

Attachments

• IMG_0544.JPG
    IMG_0544.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0538.JPG
    IMG_0538.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0541.JPG
    IMG_0541.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 65
Beautiful wrasses Barb. Since I have wrasses and tangs, I use Starfire glass tops. I've used them about 4 years now. I clean them weekly and they seem to be working just fine.

Beautiful wrasses Barb. Since I have wrasses and tangs, I use Starfire glass tops. I've used them about 4 years now. I clean them weekly and they seem to be working just fine.

Thanks Sean. I have 2 of the yellow ones and 2 of the green ones. They really add a pop of color. The yellow ones dove down into the sand the first day and one more that night. They have been out roaming around the tank today.

The triple colored wrasse is hanging out in the upper corner by my overflow box. He's been there since I put him in the tank. I'm kinda worried about him. I'm thinking about putting him back in the social acclimation box for a while.

those yellow ones will bring some nice color into the tank. I always find them out of stock .

gotta order a new set of frames my dog decided he wanted to help , wound up stepping all over them bending them into pretzels .
well at least I got a practice run maybe this set won't take as long to put together . I'm amazed he didn't rip the screening .

I discovered 2 more green baby's in rocks on the other end of tank .
one has a red tail so now I know my red corris wrasse is the poppa:D
everyone I talk to says it's very rare to get wrasses to breed in captivity.
wonder how many more I'll find ,

still waiting to see the transition I know your stoked . I'm stoked just thinking about it .

those yellow ones will bring some nice color into the tank. I always find them out of stock .

gotta order a new set of frames my dog decided he wanted to help , wound up stepping all over them bending them into pretzels .
well at least I got a practice run maybe this set won't take as long to put together . I'm amazed he didn't rip the screening .

I discovered 2 more green baby's in rocks on the other end of tank .
one has a red tail so now I know my red corris wrasse is the poppa:D
everyone I talk to says it's very rare to get wrasses to breed in captivity.
wonder how many more I'll find ,

still waiting to see the transition I know your stoked . I'm stoked just thinking about it .

Sorry to hear about the frames Seaweed. I received my screen from BRS the other day. I just have had time to work on them. Hopefully I will get a chance this weekend.

Wow that's wonderful news finding the other babies. I know I would be very excited. It's a very good sign that your system is a perfect environment for them.

I am still on the fence about which way to do my plumbing.

I could go with your Herbie, this tank came with two one inch holes in the bottom which would allow for a one inch emergency drain. I would just have to drill the 3/4 inch holes in the back of the tank for the two returns.

Or I could just stay with the durso plumbing that came with the tank. Decision decisions. Would love to hear your opinion on this.

I could go with your Herbie, this tank came with two one inch holes in the bottom which would allow for a one inch emergency drain. I would just have to drill the 3/4 inch holes in the back of the tank for the two returns.

Or I could just stay with the durso plumbing that came with the tank. Decision decisions. Would love to hear your opinion on this.

remember you still have a option of doing hob overflows if you don't want to drill
I got no complaints with mine

I think I'm going to stick with the durso plumbing. With that being said I can start to glue my plumbing under the tank and get this thing water tested and running.

Ok I dry fitted all of my plumbing pieces and realized I need female adapters to screw on to the bulkheads. Another delay [emoji30] but once I receive the adapters I can get this tank plumbed.[emoji3]

Ok I dry fitted all of my plumbing pieces and realized I need female adapters to screw on to the bulkheads. Another delay [emoji30] but once I receive the adapters I can get this tank plumbed.[emoji3]

I see yet another trip to Home Depot

Back
Top Bottom