Upgrade Time (125 gal Freshwater to Saltwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I got both drains plumbed. I have the return pieces all glued together. I just have to glue to the bulkheads on either side and then to the pump. I will finish this up on Friday.

Yesterday I did get the returns glued to each bulkhead but ran into a problem with at the return pump. The way I was going to attach to the return pump didn't work out so off to Home Depot I went last night. I did find everything I needed between Home Depot and Lowe's. after doing bills and taxes today I am a little fried so I will finish this up later.

I am trying to figure out how I'm going to hang my two t5ho light fixtures. I tried contacting the company I bought them from and never received a response from them. Can you all think of a way I can hang these lights?

Ok I figured out how to hang my lights. I had ordered hanging kits hoping they would work. They didn't work with the track that is on the top of my lights so what I am going to do is drill through the metal top of my light on each corner and put a connector of some sort in each corner to be able to hang the lights. That's the plan anyway. I just hope it works.

I am filling my tank up with rodi water. It may take a while since I am filling it with 1/4" line. I put some rock in there to help with the cycling when it starts. All of my big pieces of rock are in my 40 gallon so I will switch those over once the tank is cycled. Here is a picture as it is now.
IMG_0706.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0706.JPG
    IMG_0706.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 55
Ok I figured out how to hang my lights. I had ordered hanging kits hoping they would work. They didn't work with the track that is on the top of my lights so what I am going to do is drill through the metal top of my light on each corner and put a connector of some sort in each corner to be able to hang the lights. That's the plan anyway. I just hope it works.

Ok guys I am trying to hang my lights like the ATI lights. I had ordered the ATI hanging kit for two lights. My dilemma was how to attach a wire to the light. If you are familiar wit the ATI lights, they come with part of the hanging kit already attached to the unit. So I figured I would try and duplicate that part. I bought some 1/8" wire and ferrules from him me Depot and I will attempt to copy what they do on their lights. Here is a screen shot of the Part that I am trying to duplicate.

Back
Top Bottom