Waiting almost a month for fish. Should I reconsider?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have one in my nano, he is okay. Very nice looking fish but i dont see him much. He likes to stay close to the sand and mostly in his hole/home. He also doesnt sift the sand very much, thats why i also have the longfinned sandsifting goby, he does a much better job.

That sounds ok. I dont need constant movement, it'd be pretty cool to watch him in his hideyhole!

Carey theres a place called Coral Logic up in Jacksonville that have all these fish you've listed. I doubt you'd wanna make that much of a drive, but if you get super desperate you could try call em at least.. They ship too if I remember correctly.

Jolly Rogers Reef Shack too.. both in Jville.

Yeah jacksonville is quite the haul LOL. Just went up there to see ozzy in concert last week. Its like 2 hours

I wish I had more choices! You guys are all so far away. I would think Orlando would have some but I havent found any...

I'm pretty sure Orlando is mostly stuck with chain stores since its a big town and all tourist-y and stuff. We only have 2 actualy fish stores here

I only have one LFS, bayside corals, he sells saltwater and only saltwater. There is one other petstore that used to sell a few chunks of live rock sometimes but im pretty sure it has completely stopped since bayside opened. I'm pretty lucky, the owner is great, he can get anything ordered in that you want and is very knowledgeable.

What about Aquaria Studio here in Orlando? That's the one I'm always going to

I hadn't heard of that one. Do they have a webpage? Gotta see where in orlando it is. Do you get your stock there? Are they truthful? Do they have the black clowns and a good selection fish? How about corals?

LOL As you can tell I'm desperate for a good place. especially if I can get the lowdown before I go...

Thanks so much!

Grrr now I'm kinda torn. They are in stock which is rare online, I've been looking for awhile now. They are kinda pricey though. Not sure I've got that much right now. Close though....I hate having to make these decisions. i also dont have a qt tank anymore so they would have to go right in the DT.

carey said:
Grrr now I'm kinda torn. They are in stock which is rare online, I've been looking for awhile now. They are kinda pricey though. Not sure I've got that much right now. Close though....I hate having to make these decisions. i also dont have a qt tank anymore so they would have to go right in the DT.

If you don't have a QT, then don NOT do it! Money is one thing, but no QT tank may cost you more then what you will be paying now

carey said:
I hadn't heard of that one. Do they have a webpage? Gotta see where in orlando it is. Do you get your stock there? Are they truthful? Do they have the black clowns and a good selection fish? How about corals?

LOL As you can tell I'm desperate for a good place. especially if I can get the lowdown before I go...

Thanks so much!

Well, I didn't see the BW clowns there, I would have told you otherwise ;)
But yeah, so far they have been great and they do have corals.
They do have a webpage: http://aquaria-studio.com/index.htm
When you talk to them (Aquaria, not ocean blue) just tell em The blond girl that shows up there at least once a week (sometimes with her boyfriend) send you, I'm sure they know who that is HAHAHAHAHAHA
They usually cut me deals bc I'm there soooo often. They may be able to tell you when they are getting BW clowns.

But like I said: do NOT do anything w/o a QT tank! Doesnt matter how good a place is, a risk is a risk is a risk ;)

I will try that orlando place hopefully next week. Thanks for the great lead! Shop looks immaculate and very well taken care of.

My qt i am switching over cause the current tenant isnt gonna get any better so I'm making his last days/weeks/months as happy as I can.

That place doesnt do its own qt protocol? One of my guys in daytona actually treats the fish adn holds them a few days. Thats why I was keen to buy from him.

Also keep in mind too that I have no fish now and very very few corals. I check my water twice a day (I know way too much but I'm way too bored), I do water changes every week at least....I think other than high phosphates my tank is in pretty good shape. And I'm working on the phos. :)

Back
Top Bottom