Waiting almost a month for fish. Should I reconsider?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, im not sure about their QT protocol bc I neve asked >.< know, kinda dump
But I got my cleaner fish and my mandarin dragonet (eats brine shrimp!! before somebody is gonna tell me that she is gonna die) from there, and they have been doing GREAT!
The corals I get from there are great, never had a problem.
Also, I get my water from them and it always tested good at home. They do my water testes with liquid tests, not with the stripe-dip things.

It's my favorite place because they never sold me anything just for the money! There are fish I like but they refused to sell em bc they know It wouldn't do great in the tank I got, and thats why I trust them

They are definitely on my list. I will try to get there this week. Even if it is to browse. I'm still trying to get a handle on my phosphate issues. :-(

carey said:
They are definitely on my list. I will try to get there this week. Even if it is to browse. I'm still trying to get a handle on my phosphate issues. :-(

Did you add something to your filter to help with the phosphate?

Yeah, been running fo in the HOB for over a week now. Did a 50%pwc on friday and one today. Not helping. I must have a leaching situation. It is much better than it was. I have a thread on it here somewhere lol

carey said:
Yeah, been running fo in the HOB for over a week now. Did a 50%pwc on friday and one today. Not helping. I must have a leaching situation. It is much better than it was. I have a thread on it here somewhere lol

Well, LR can carry and store phosphate. Also, check the water u r doing the pwc with, maybe it's contaminated with phosphate. I remember you had issues with one store selling you bad water

Yep, i never used them again. I even mixed my salt and tested it with ro and it came back 0. Within 24 hours after a 50% pwc the level goes from .75 back up to 1.0. I'm using a salifert test kit and api. API one says I'm at .25. hmmff soo conufsed with this phos thing

The guys as vividaquarium.com have been great to me. They call before they ship and go over your order with you. everything that i have gotten from them have been healthy!!

WOOT WOOT Just made the call and a pair of very small black oscellaris came in for me!!! Finally! They are qt'ing them til Monday so I can pick them up then.

Amazing Aquariums in daytona Beach finally got them in for me. Gonna go look at them tomorrow then pick them up Monday. :) Hopefully they come out of QT well.

That is good news! Good luck with the little guys, they are definitely entertaining little fish. Don't get to worried about their behavior, they do some very odd things sometimes. lol I think they plot at night about things to do to trick you into believing there are problems.

So I went to visit my fish and they are very tiny. I mean really small. I'd say less than an inch. They are still orangeish. They are tank bred ORA's and are already paired up, I'm already paid so they're mine officially.

I guess my question is are they too small? I have some serious water flow in my tank, should I turn one koralia off? Also, they are treating the fish now with copper while in QT, is this normal?
They said they wanna make sure I get healthy fish so they suggested I wait a few days. The fish came in on Thursday so would Monday be good?

Yeah, they might take a while to turn black, I believe it was Jimbo7 here got an ORA pair and the pictures he's posted of them they're orange/red.

I say leave the PHs on, if they can't swim against the current well then turn one off.

As far as the QT and copper, it's a personal thing. Some people QT and medicate for no reason, others use it to observe for any problems and medicate only if necessary. I'd give them a little over a week if you can stand to wait it out, just to make sure they made the trip okay and are eating well. Also not to move them a bunch since they're small

Carey, I am closely following your story. My 30 gal sw tank has finished its cycle and is ready for fish. This is my first ever tank. I don't have a QT, guess I'd better look into that. I am having the hardest time arranging my rock. My tank is a half-moon, 30" tall. I am trying to keep the front open for swimming, but not having much luck.

Carey, I am closely following your story. My 30 gal sw tank has finished its cycle and is ready for fish. This is my first ever tank. I don't have a QT, guess I'd better look into that. I am having the hardest time arranging my rock. My tank is a half-moon, 30" tall. I am trying to keep the front open for swimming, but not having much luck.

Hi. :) I had a hard time with my rock arranging too, I just re did it aof the last time I hope. It's so much easier to move stuff around without fish so now is your chance!
I do have a blenny and a sea hare bt they don't seem to mind. I used to pile the rocks against the back wal but found algae grows and I cant reach it. So try to keep some room between rock and glass. I also just busted up one of my larger rocks to make smaller more manageable pieces.

Good luck, thanks for following. :cool:

Here is a photo of the rock...hopefully last attempt. The half-moon makes it really hard to stay away from the glass. There is about 35 lbs in there.

Attachments

• image-806745877.jpg
    image-806745877.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 112
Maybe if you broke it up some? You've got some big chunks. Looks like you have some flatter pieces too, that can be handy. Are you aiming for corals and fish? or just fish? I'm worried theres not enough swimming room in mine. lol I did just pull out about 5 lbs of rock though. I had 48 lbs in my tank.

I broke up some of mine and stacked them. The ones on the left are all smaller pieces stacked at an angle so I could follow the tanks curves. Took a sledgehammer and my b/f to do it though. Those rocks are hard! And i lost maybe a lb in rubble due to breaking them. Just a suggestion. It looks pretty good already. :)

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 102
Back
Top Bottom