Went to an A. Calfo frag demo last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmor1701d

Aquarium Advice Addict
It was sponsored by a fish store in PA and tickets (including dinner) were $14. WOW did I learn a lot in a few short hours. I came home with a couple of frags and of course they opened the store after the demo so I had pick up a few new corals too (and a clam).

Anthony used a variety of tools to frag leathers (scalpel and kitchen scissors), LPS and SPS.

My buddy is off to HD for a tile saw and he's getting ready to set up some 20 longs as frag tanks. We both bought Calfo's book on coral propagation too. :)

If you get the chance to see him live don't let it pass you by. A very entertaining and informative evening.

Attachments

• pagoda_551.jpg
    pagoda_551.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 20
  • frogspawn_623.jpg
    frogspawn_623.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 17
  • favia_207.jpg
    favia_207.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 21
I've watched his demos three times. ;) They are very informative and worth the time and effort to attend. Glad to hear you got to go. Did he frag any anemones for you? Nice frags. (y)

An anemone was his first frag. Amazing how they had closed up by the end of the demo.

I'll be posting my other new acquisitions in a bit.

Thanks Cindy.

Glad to hear he was good... The reef club I'm in were having him give a talk/demo in July, it will be in Lower Dutchess County or Orange County area...
How many people were there??

He is a great speaker. Fluff, bound_for_obx, and myself saw him at ThatFishPlace in Lancaster last year. I was amazed at some of the things he did, and the skill at which he did them. The anemones are what really surprised me though. Very cool.

They were sold out (140 tickets). Please let me know when you have your event. I may go see him again. I should have some new frags for trading by then too :wink:

The store also gave away a small insulated frag bag to all who attended. Coral glue and a can of Sea Veggies were in the bag along with a bunch of reading material. I also got a couple of Calfo's frags in my bag before I left :D

Back
Top Bottom