What do you suggest??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spoonman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have this rock with a great group of pulsing xenia. Unfortunatly it also has 2 great red mushrooms on it. I am afraid if I dont move one or the other, the mushroom will probably suffer from not enough light. Will that happen? And what would you do? Which would be the easiest to frag? I love the mushroom and would love to save it.

PICS:

img_1874016_0_c70a2303530ed3c3cc7194b8c4fde058.jpg

img_1874016_1_3ae640480faf4a8bf3ecca48c5cc6b75.jpg

I think those mushrooms will overtake the xenia ..Shrooms grow in almost any conditions ..I'm not an expert in corals and fragging by any means ,but have dealt with and put shrooms through a lot...You could easily slice that shroom off and move it to another rock..If any part of it is left behind it will re grow though..
I would move the xenia ,,in 6 months that rock will be covered in red shrooms
Xenia is also pretty tough ,,so i think it will handle the move just fine

Thanks, I was thinking the xenia would handle the move better too. Can you just slice the xenia at the base and glue to another rock? I guess I will youtube it and see if there are any videos of xenia fragging. Thanks for the response!

can't glue it, just like with a mushroom you have to let them attach themselves. Mushrooms are pretty low light though, so I doubt they'd die out. Mushrooms are the easier frag for me, but if you want to do either, just use a new clean razor blade, slice them off, then place in a Tupperware with rubble on the bottom, cover with plastic mesh and a rubber band, and in a week or two it'll be attached to the rubble

I used a 2 part epoxy and glued my ric down to a piece of rubble with no issues. It wasnt happy i did it, but now it has been flourishing. It is now 2 and looking amazing.

Yeah ,i have glued multiple mushrooms down with good ol crazy glue gel..Must be the gel though

Back
Top Bottom