whats in your salt mix and whats not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm. I use Red Sea. Looks like it is lower in PH and some other desirables.
Might have to switch to Instant Ocean.

yeah I use coralife and mine seems to be fairly good at most things but WAY high on lithium and a little low on ph. I came across this article and thought it might provide some answer to people's quirky ph balances or other chemical questions. I wonder if lithium will negatively affect my aquaria life :(

anyone here use coralife?

:invasion:

i do and havn't had any issues that i can tell :) but read another test i need to find again but what they did for the test was raising (baby shrimp if i recall right) and the two lowest salts which had the least survival rate was io & coralife ! let me see if i can find it again :)

heh well when my 150 gal bucket is gone (about 2/3s left) Ill slowly switch over the kent I think, might solve my ph issue =). (though my inverts seem to be thriving well, maybe all the lithium makes them high)

well I use marine mix and I didnt understand all of the stuff in that article, guess im dumb :cry: Did it say marine mix was any good? I was thinking of switching to instant ocean because it is cheaper.

Also, this is just one particular study so don't take it as gospel. I would be very surprised if everyone got the exact same results from a certain salt mix.

Still very interesting article though.

true true but it was also a first study that didnt want to sell me something at the end ;)

I have been trying to "verify" their findings with other sources, maybe we can compile some literature on the issue

Back
Top Bottom