Whats your salinity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rapid temperature swings do more damage than you might think. That's one thing you won't see in the ocean. Cooler currents do happen, but it is pretty slow.

I use to run my tank at 80 and in summer would get to 84 since then i added a fan to sump dropped heater temp to 78 never gets above 80 in summer

Live in Ca I have 360watts of LEDs my temp is 77.7 only with a chiller if not my tank would be over 80

Gregcoyote said:
Rapid temperature swings do more damage than you might think. That's one thing you won't see in the ocean. Cooler currents do happen, but it is pretty slow.

Yea for sure I was telling him that but he doesn't ha e the money to dump on a chiller yet

SaltwaterNuB said:
1.023 & 81-81 degrees F.

I tend to go a bit higher on salinity and consider 81-82 near top of the temperature range for many sensitive corals. In open water they can stand higher for brief periods of time, but our closed systems are more vulnerable. Yes, I know some have subjected their corals to up to 86F, but I guaranteed they didn't like it.

Is that temp too high for a fish only tank? I don't plan on doing coral yet. Pretty new to the whole thing.

Depending on the size (horsepower of the motor) they can vary from $300-1000. If you move to a reef setup with light sufficient to grow most medium to high light corals, you will probably need a chiller. Fish could care less about the lighting.

77-78 (with the use of a chiller)
pH 8.1 to 8.2 (drops at night but running a 24hr photo period on fuge)

Back
Top Bottom