Which Wavemaker to buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookiemn

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 60 gallon reef tank. I am planning to keep sps and lps corals. I currently have 3 PHs and have been comtemplating getting a wavemaker. I have read thru a lot of message strings about wavemakers on this site and other forums. I do not have a sump, so please don't reply by telling me about wavemakers that need one. :p

The three that I am looking at are:
1) Red Sea WaveMaster Pro
2) Tsunami
3) Wave Creator Wavemaker (http://www.reeffanatic.com/cgi-bin/mas/category.cgi?category=630000 )

I like the WaveMaster, but I do not like that it comes with presets for the timing. I also plan to use a combination of MJs and AqauaClear PHs.

Either the Red Sea or the Tsunami would do you a good job. If you don't like the presets on the Red Sea, the Tsunami has infinite settings for up to 3 pumps. It also has a night mode and a feeding switch. It will carry up to 10 amps and you can double up pumps on any outlet to increase flow if needed. It's also made in the USA 8) .

I am a fan of the redsea wavemaster also. Very reliable and works great. Also has the soft start pump feature which is very easy on your powerheads. Whatever wavemaker you buy I recomend using mxijet powerheas. THese see to stand up th best overtime on a wavemaker.

I personally use the Red Sea Pro. Great unit. Settings are great with the ability to shut off the main pump in Reef mode for feeding. Night mode setting is great too. Maxijet 1200s are the way to go. I have had them running trouble-free for 6 months now with the wavemaker.

Whatever wavemaker you buy I recomend using mxijet powerheas. THese see to stand up th best overtime on a wavemaker.

Curious as to how long powerheads, MJ specifically, seem to hold up on a wavemaker? I'm sure it may vary by application, but I wouldn't mind knowing what averages people have seen to make a decision for myself.

I currently use the 1) Red Sea WaveMaster Pro It has been great to me and I have not had any problems with it as of yet.. It has been in use for about 2 months now.. I would not suggest using Rio PHs as they are extremely noisy.. My MaxiJet 1200s seem to work ver nice.. It would be nice if they made the front panel LCD instead of push button but we cant ask for everything LOL.. My opinion would be the red sea. Lots of features and it seems quite reliable so far..

HTH<
JAmes

I also use the red sea wavemaster Pro with 3 maxi 1200's and it is awesome. I haven't had one problem with it. I would recomend that one.

Back
Top Bottom