Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-23-2004, 02:33 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Which Wavemaker to buy

I have a 60 gallon reef tank. I am planning to keep sps and lps corals. I currently have 3 PHs and have been comtemplating getting a wavemaker. I have read thru a lot of message strings about wavemakers on this site and other forums. I do not have a sump, so please don't reply by telling me about wavemakers that need one. :P

The three that I am looking at are:
1) Red Sea WaveMaster Pro
2) Tsunami
3) Wave Creator Wavemaker (http://www.reeffanatic.com/cgi-bin/m...ategory=630000 )

I like the WaveMaster, but I do not like that it comes with presets for the timing. I also plan to use a combination of MJs and AqauaClear PHs.

Old 02-23-2004, 10:02 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
Either the Red Sea or the Tsunami would do you a good job. If you don't like the presets on the Red Sea, the Tsunami has infinite settings for up to 3 pumps. It also has a night mode and a feeding switch. It will carry up to 10 amps and you can double up pumps on any outlet to increase flow if needed. It's also made in the USA 8) .

Old 02-23-2004, 11:04 AM   #3

I am a fan of the redsea wavemaster also. Very reliable and works great. Also has the soft start pump feature which is very easy on your powerheads. Whatever wavemaker you buy I recomend using mxijet powerheas. THese see to stand up th best overtime on a wavemaker.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:10 PM   #4
Sam
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
I personally use the Red Sea Pro. Great unit. Settings are great with the ability to shut off the main pump in Reef mode for feeding. Night mode setting is great too. Maxijet 1200s are the way to go. I have had them running trouble-free for 6 months now with the wavemaker.

Me
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 03:48 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Whatever wavemaker you buy I recomend using mxijet powerheas. THese see to stand up th best overtime on a wavemaker.
Curious as to how long powerheads, MJ specifically, seem to hold up on a wavemaker? I'm sure it may vary by application, but I wouldn't mind knowing what averages people have seen to make a decision for myself.
HoopsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 03:54 PM   #6
Sam
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
I have mine as long as Ihave had my tank up and on the wavemaker, 6 mos and going strong

Me
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 03:54 PM   #7
cj10488

I currently use the 1) Red Sea WaveMaster Pro It has been great to me and I have not had any problems with it as of yet.. It has been in use for about 2 months now.. I would not suggest using Rio PHs as they are extremely noisy.. My MaxiJet 1200s seem to work ver nice.. It would be nice if they made the front panel LCD instead of push button but we cant ask for everything LOL.. My opinion would be the red sea. Lots of features and it seems quite reliable so far..

HTH<
JAmes
Old 02-23-2004, 04:43 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to brndfrb
I also use the red sea wavemaster Pro with 3 maxi 1200's and it is awesome. I haven't had one problem with it. I would recomend that one.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:38 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to Brisc0
Redsea pro here with 4 maxi 1200's I love it!

-105G SPS Reef with 30G Sump/Fuge Combo
-30G LTAnemonarium with mated porcelain crabs, 10 sexy shrimp, and 2 pink skunks all tied into the other 135G in my system.
Brisc0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ich, wavemaker

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com