yellow zoanthid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scuba_steve

Aquarium Advice Addict
heheh got my lfs starting a tank with a dsb !! dont think he believed thats the way to keep nitrates down :) so i traded him 2 bags of southdown for a nice rock with like 50 zoanthids on it !! now reading that each one needs to be feed at least 1x a week !! like to hear how people are feeding these animals !! my idea was just to get some long tongs and feed each one or is just squirting mysis toward them good enough ?? kinda hoped it would be cause couldnt see feeding each one separately when they start to spread !! but if not ya have to do what ya have to do !! but know that the owner didnt feed each one but they all look good !

I feed my fish "Blender Mush" and I can see my zoos eating (closing up). I also use a syring and give them some Kent Zooplex.

no pics yet !! but soon !! as far as feeding not to keen on the blendermush my self !! but i feed using mysis,sweetwater,micro-vert (kent), and fresh clam every other day !! why i was asking if its a must to feed each one alittle mysis !! right now not a big deal but after ya get over 100 of them jeez would take awhile ya know hehehe

i didn't know you had to feed zoo's I feed everything else butnot the.... THey are probably very upset with me. How often you have to feed them?

I feed mine daily with the Zooplex, they also get fed with my daily fish feedings and my fuge is dropping food in all day for them.

i guess there are 2 reasons i not keen on blender mush and mabe i wrong but here it goes

1) i feel i dont have enough filter feeders to keep up with the wet waste if i had sponges or bi-valves prob would !!
2) after reading robert fenners books and he stated that your always better to target feed what animals ya can !! and strain as much of the juices away that ya can ! like he says thru out his book that most microvert foods are pollution in a bottle (due to most over due it i think) i kinda think that blending everything up super small and all the juices that most end up in ya skimmer cup anyway?!?!?

as you know reefrunner the corals (xenias & green polyp) i got from you were my very first and by the way all is good one xenia split already other working on it as for the green polyp well it being on a snail shell didnt go over to well i think a hermit wanted the home and havnt seen it in weeks !! think he made it a home and the stonecrab ate the hermit (stone crab in diff tank now)!! hehehe lesson learned i had it high in the tank but should have glued it i guess :)
but those being me only ones as of now i feel it would just pollute things for me !!
but mabe i wrong just seams like alot of wasted food to me !! or mabe if i did do something like that only 1x a week if that !! but i like the sweetwater and all featherdusters are good (which have ya ever seen one with 2 heads?? mine has 2 layers on fans one on top the other ) with mabe 1/4 tsp a day

If that is all you got...then yes I agree blender mush might be a bit much. I also agree the majority of the filter foods are algae waiting to happen. For a reef, however, it is one of the better foods you can use ;)

For a reef, however, it is one of the better foods you can use

do ya mean the blender mush or the microvert ??

Back
Top Bottom