Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-01-2008, 10:32 PM   #411
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I put a post in the Local Fish Store thread in our regional forum asking for suggestions on times. I have no problem with anytime we decide.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:13 PM   #412
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to pat8you
No fair i wanna go... stupid florida and their awful LFSs

Old 10-03-2008, 03:26 AM   #413
Aquarium Advice Activist

I'm with you pat, I live in Florida and have no LFS near me.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #414
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

That has always amazed me that in Florida of all places they don't have awesome LFSs.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:27 PM   #415
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Well things are really starting to look better in my tank. The cyano is just about gone. I've gone through a lot of salt mix to get there, but I guess that is part of the deal when you upgrade and stir up a mess.

My corals have finally started to show real signs of growth again. The RBTA is looking better every day. It doesn't have the "bulb" look to it as much as it did but the color is getting darker. My pink Pocilliapora is really looking nice. The color is starting to intensify again and it looks pink rather then brown. The ORA corals I have are starting to grow again. The Roscoe's is looking amazing and is fast becoming one of my favorites. The Hawkins is polpy-ing again so that is a good sign.

The giant toad stool that came from the 72 went through a strange transformation. Many of you may remember how tall it was with that enormous stalk. Well it litteraly dropped the stalk and is growing a new on but really close to the sand bed. It is tucked back in the left corner of the tank and seems very happy there.

I didn't realize how many mushrooms I had in the old tank. They seem to be popping up everywhere in this one. I have them growing in all levels of the tank. I ended up with a nice patch of GSP in the tank (not what I wanted but oh well) I'm hoping it behaves and doesn't try and take over. My Zoas that are in the tank are looking nice and I have more to add. I will probably have the top off the tank again this weekend to tweak a few things and add the rest of the zoas.

The fish are doing great. Very happy to be in something with space in it. I have to admit the tank still looks bare, but it is getting there.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:28 PM   #416
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to pat8you
Quote:
That has always amazed me that in Florida of all places they don't have awesome LFSs
Yeah me too. I go to school in Daytona beach and the LFS's here are very poor. My home in the land locked suburbs of Chicago, IL have a few good LFS as it turns out. funny how that works.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #417
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I agree! I'm in the middle of VA (well not the middle) and we have a few great ones. Mike down in Richmond has some awesome ones as well. It just amazes me that right there in FL you can't get a decent LFS...
Old 10-06-2008, 07:08 PM   #418
Aquarium Advice Activist

I am in the middle of the state in Orlando and there are none around here, however at my home in Miami there are a few decent ones.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:24 PM   #419
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Well nothing too exciting to report. Everything is looking pretty good. I need to get the top off the tank so I can finish putting corals in place. I may do that later tonight.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #420
Aquarium Advice Addict

dont forget to post those all important update pics after you put those corals in place.

Closed Thread

Tags
build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com