Ziggy's 40B Rebuild 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fire Shrimp and Skunk Cleaners are really cool additions to the reef tank. I had Skunks in my 120 back in the day. When I started this tank I decided I would go for the Fire Shrimp because of the incredible red color. Either way any shrimp in a reef tank adds interest to the system!

For sure! At one point I had two Cleaners, a Peppermint, and a Fire Shrimp in my old 34g, I loved watching those guys. I can't wait to get some new additions.

Here are a few updated shots of the tank. The snails, reduced lighting and reduced nitrates have eaten away at the algae that was in the tank. The pics don't show very well how much better the tank looks but you get the idea.

There are a few patches remaining in the tank but I'm confident that the snails and continued reduced nitrates will have that mess gone in a week or so.

BTW...this is only 28 of the 42 LEDs running, Whites at 60% and Blues at 70%...Imagine how bright it is when I have them at normal intensity. (W-85% B-100%)

Looking good man! Those snails did a heck of a job!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Me either Paul! I'm looking forward to my next purchase. I'm planning on buying a SPS Frag Pack from someone. I just haven't decided what all I want to get just yet.

I know I do not want to put any digitata or any pink birds nest in this tank!

Me either Paul! I'm looking forward to my next purchase. I'm planning on buying a SPS Frag Pack from someone. I just haven't decided what all I want to get just yet.

I know I do not want to put any digitata or any pink birds nest in this tank!
Awesome cant wait to see what you round up! I actually just picked up a red digitata frag not that long ago. My guess is you don't want it because of the growth rate? I loved the way it looked though. Hope I didn't make a mistake! Looks killer under actinics. Here's mine.

i0fazms.jpg

Awesome cant wait to see what you round up! I actually just picked up a red digitata frag not that long ago. My guess is you don't want it because of the growth rate? I loved the way it looked though. Hope I didn't make a mistake! Looks killer under actinics. Here's mine.

i0fazms.jpg

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with digis I just don't want any in my tank this time around. I've always had them and this time I want really cool acros and select other corals only.

The tanks looking good man! I think you're due for more corals though... :D

The tanks looking good man! I think you're due for more corals though... :D

After Thanksgiving I will be getting more.I'm either going to make the trip down to Pacific East or over to VA to Blue Ribbon Koi and Fins & Feathers. I haven't decided just yet which place I'm going to.

After Thanksgiving I will be getting more.I'm either going to make the trip down to Pacific East or over to VA to Blue Ribbon Koi and Fins & Feathers. I haven't decided just yet which place I'm going to.

Let me know I'd love to go to blue ribbon.

Back
Top Bottom